Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TC EZ-ride springs

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by skyblazer, May 31, 2002.

1. skyblazer

skyblazer 1/2 ton status

Just looking for some opinions. I have TC EZ-rides (4") on my 72 K5 . It's got the stock springs in the rear along with a ORD shackle flip (oh yeah, poly bushings and greasable joints too). Shocks are RS9000s set to 1 (light). Anyhoo, after about 500 miles on em, they are still stiff. I've been too busy fixin and tweakin other things to really work on the ride, but they either need to get softer or I'm gonna need a 5-point harness! Any thoughts?

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

what tire pressure are you riding. i used to run around 35 all the time, then notice when i droped the air to about 26 it was a lot softer ride. i usually air up to 35lbs when i go on long trips to save me a little on gas.

TC was my first choice on front springs, then came skyjacker and they went on. make sure your bushings bolts are not too tight.

ARQ.

3. wheelin72

wheelin72 Registered Member

arQ u picked skyjacker over tcs?
    IM going to order the 6 icnh tcs spring i dont know if i should do heavy or the light dutys

4. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

A buddy of mine has a set of Skyjacker 4"/6" springs and the RS9000s he ahs on the Blazer are too soft, even set to full firm. Sounds to me like the Tough Country springs are a lot stiffer than the Skyjackers.

5. luk3

luk3 1/2 ton status

thought tuff country got a softer raiting that skyjack.

6. ryanNC

ryanNC 1/2 ton status

ive got 4in TC soft rides on mine and it took about a month for them to finally soften up but i noticed after i went out for some really hard wheelin i finally got them to ride like a caddy and i love them

7. skyblazer

skyblazer 1/2 ton status

Hey, great to hear....they do seem to be getting better lately, but still far from soft!