Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tcase adaptor seals?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by LKJR, Mar 6, 2003.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

ok my tcase keeps puking it's fluid out, but it looks awful red so I"m thinking maybe the tranny fluid is flowing into the tcase, so I"m gonna pull it and replace the seals in the adaptor, (I should have done that the first time I pulled the tcase but I didnt' realized it had them) (350-205 btw) can I get these at the local part store?

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

That's where I got mine. I pulled mine apart and took the seal with me. It was mangled but the number was still readable CR something or other/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif They were able to look up the seal and then confirm it using the number.

When you re-assemble put the adaptor with the seal in it on the T-case first (if that's the end with the seal) and then bolt up the tranny to the adaptor. A lot of times a new seal gets wrecked during the install...

Rene

3. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    I must be lucky (knock on wood) but the trans/transfercase adapter is just about the ONLY place that I haven't had a leak after putting my truck back together.......... twice....

4. bigmack

bigmack 1/2 ton status

Mine is doing the same thing (350/205). The tranny fluid is leaking thru into the t-case. It's not real bad yet, but I check the gear oil in my t-case every few weeks and the last couple of times I would take the top "fill" plug out and tranny fluid would pour out of the hole. Oh well, I guess I will add that to the list of stuff that my truck needs.