Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tcase Drop?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Hossbaby50, Nov 29, 2001.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I have a small vibe in the rear end, and I am about to add the ORD 1" add a leaf. Is it better to drop the tcase, or shim the pinion? I would like to avoid dropping the tcase so I don't loose ground clearence. Oh ya, I have a 21/2" lift (addaleaf) which has sagged to about 2"s. Any input helps.

What degree shim, or how far should I drop the tcase. Any input helps. Thanks

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I would start out by swapping the T-Case mount - you'd be amazed at the difference $20 can make, and if that didn't work, go ahead and take the case down ½" or so. With a decent mount, mine runs vibe free with 4" on the rear and the case in the OEM position, so I'd say start with the quick and easy before fooling with shimming it.

......And knowing is half the battle
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

3. Hossbaby50

The rear mount is pretty new (about a year old). Do I need to go buy a tcase drop kit, or can I just go to the hardware store, and get some metal spacers and longer grade eight bolts? Thanks

Harley

4. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

you can drop it by useing the factory spacers. put a floor jack under it, take the 4 bolts out and the 4 spacers(look like a 1inch long washer) put them bettween the croosmember and the frame and you should be all set i did it and it solved my problem of the vibrating

hola

5. Hossbaby50

Thanks for the info. That was what I was hoping to here. Thanks again.

Harley