Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tcase leak

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stockk5, Apr 30, 2005.

1. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hey, well ever since the last time i replaced my rear u joints my transfer case has been leaking atf fluid. Its not coming out of the main rear seal though because it seems to be dripping off of where the u-joint is. The rear seal is perfectly dry and dusty but all over my u-joint is soaked in fluid and drips on the ground over night. Is there anyway the fluid can get out there? Thanks Mike

2. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

What kind of t-case is it? What year is your Blazer? If you have a 241, I know mine has always had a little leaking from around the slip yoke. Totally normal from what I can figure. Is it alot of fluid?

3. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

opps yeah sry mines a 208 and well every morning i have about a 6" puddle on the ground and the entire under cariage of my truck near the yoke is SOAKED in fluid.. so its not normal for mine way to much.

4. muscle

muscle 1/2 ton status

you need a new yoke seal

5. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Check the pressed in plug on the actual slip yoke. GM makes the slip yoke by making the splines through the entire shaft and then seals one end of it with a pressed in plug that can start leaking. Mine was, took it off and took it to a driveshaft shop, $25 later they had welded around the plug and haven't had a problem since.