Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tcase meets header

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shaun, Sep 15, 2004.

1. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

So I clocked my t case all the way up, (I love how this looks) now my long tube headers hit my front driveline. So can I have the exhaust shop shorten the header or will this cause major issues to the header. I dont want to buy shorties (it is a sbc 350) because I am swapping in a 500 within a couple months (its expensive to build). What do you guys recommend?

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Stuff a two by four up there and bend it over to the frame some. I had this problem on my old Small block. I bent it over and ground on the flange some to clear it out.

3. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

By bending it will this affect how it sits on the head. As in causing a leak?

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i had the same problem, i heated the header up and bent it over, but that didn't last long, it bent back

here is what mine looked before the lift.
    [​IMG]

after the lift i only had a problem with it hitting the exhaust tube not the header.

you can see it here.
    [​IMG]

it rubbed on th tube for a little bit, but it made its own clearance.

what did you do for a crossmember?

[ QUOTE ]
    So I clocked my t case all the way up, (I love how this looks)

[/ QUOTE ]
    just wait till you get to use it /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif its unbelievable on what you can go through now. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

I still have the stock crossmember for now I am trying to figute out what to do about a crossmember. I am thinking a piece of 1/4 inch bolted inside the frame with the mount bolted to that. Making the underside look like this
    O-----O instead of like this O--v--O /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif