Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tcase replacement options?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ohio k-5, Oct 4, 2005.

1. ohio k-5

ohio k-5 Newbie

this is not a k5 question, but i just obtained a 92 k3500. it has a 350 4l80e and a borg warner 4401 that came with it. however the tcase has a 6 inch hole in hte case where someone dropped it.
    i need to find out what all is compatable with this setup? i've been told the borg is very rare and i probly won't find one. i think it has 2 electric connection on it, if i remember right.
    any help will be great
    thanks

2. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

if I remember correctly there were 3 different BW TCs used. Your tranny should be like a th400 w/ has a 32 spline output, maybe a NV241 would work. I'm not sure about the bolt pattern but you'd probably need the adapter for the 241 vice the BW adapter. It would all come down to the output shaft of the tranny.

3. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

The BW4401 isn't too bad to find. Its the 1370 and 4470 that are worse - they are the 11k GVW models and have a magnetic engagement clutch iirc.

An NP241 will bolt onto the same adapter... but now you have a slip-yoke t-case.