Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tcase/tranny issue, I think???? Please read and help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TexasBlazerBoy, Mar 12, 2007.

1. TexasBlazerBoy

TexasBlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

Details of my Blazer are in my sig.

Just to let everyone know. I got my 4" lift done 3-5-07 and new 35" tires 3-9-07.

Sorry if this is hard to follow.

I broke one of my front ujoints on my front drive shaft this weekend. The one near the tcase.:mad:

I removed the front drive shaft.:D

I get back in my blazer and put the tcase into High(road gear for a 203), I then put my tranny into D. No go? :mad:

So, I put the tranny back in P. Then move the tcase into High Loc, then move the tranny into D. No go.:mad:

Then I put the tranny back into P. Then move the tcase to Lo and the tranny into D. No go.:mad:

Then I put the tranny back into P. Then move the tcase to Lo Loc and then the tranny into D. YES:D finally it drives, except I have 80 miles to get home. NOT GOOD.:doah:

Why will the tranny/tcase not work while in High?:confused:

Well now I am in Lo loc, with tranny in reverse, I back up about 75 yards.

Now, I try it again with the tranny in P and move the tcase to High(road gear)and then the tranny to D. FINALLY THE TCASE IS IN HIGH AND THE TRANNY IS IN D and I can go forward.:D

New problem, I can accelerate and drive until I left off the throtle and then my "driveline goes away":mad: :crazy: , no forward movement. To fix this I have to put the tranny into N, and lower the tcase in to High loc then it works and I can move the tcase back up to High.

If this is to hard to read sorry. :(

Any help would be great.:bow:

Thanks
    Larry

2. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

T-case has a diff in it. If your front shaft is out and you don't have a part time kit you will have to run it in Hi-Loc or your front T-case output will be the path of least resistance and no power will go to the rear.

3. TexasBlazerBoy

So, I don't have a mechanical failure with my tcase or tranny? :confused:

Are the ujoints hard to change?

4. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

Your trans/T-case is probably fine. Make sure that the linkage is adjusted properly and moving freely. It sounds to me like your T-case was not locking in Hi-Loc completely. Drive shaft u-joints are not hard to change. Acouple of big sockets and abench vise make a good enough press to pop the old one out and the new one in.

5. TexasBlazerBoy