Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TCI Tranny Pan...Good???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by kgillyk5, Apr 29, 2004.

1. kgillyk5

kgillyk5 1/2 ton status

summit link:TCI-378000

Anyone running this TCI alum. deep pan. Its a little cheaper then the B&M model. I need to order some parts today. I'll be doin' the temp gauge and the sensor in the pan plug trick as soon as I can line all the parts up.
    Anyone whose done this?..anything you would do different or parts you would endorse or not recommend?

Thanks...

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Hopefully someone can speak up with first-hand experience with that pan, but be careful, I know that with some deep aluminum pans, you can have clearance problems between it and the front driveshaft.

3. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

I had a b&m deep aluminum pan for a th400.When I went with the high angle driveshaft I had to swap a stock one back in. We still had to notch the stock one for clearance.

4. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

I have a (T-400) TCI aluminum deep pan on my K5 W/ 205 and 1410 u-joints and 3" drive shaft (front and rear) with 8" lift and have no clearance problems.
    I like the cast pans as they add strength to the case.
    The pan seals perfectly and has never leaked,, and the drain plug is a plus,,,, /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. kgillyk5

kgillyk5 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys...I think I'll go with it for now and deal with any lift /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif when the x comes.

Now if I can just find the wifes credit card... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

In my honest, anything by TCI is good. I couldn't tell you about any possible clearence issues, But TCI makes high quality products.