Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tech manual

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chevystepside, Dec 15, 2003.

1. chevystepside

chevystepside 1/2 ton status

does anyone know of a good tech manual for rebuilding a 700r4 trans? a manual that has all the technical upgrades in it? or a web site with info? i have looked but can not locate won. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

I would like to see this also if anyone has the info.

3. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

I'm looking for one too. I have the atsg manual but it's too generic and does not give many details as to the different wiring harnesses available.

ARQ.

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Maybe someone that works at a dealership can comment, but I bet all the "upgrades" would be covered in TSB's, while everything that wasn't a "running change" (mid-year) like the '87-88 differences, isn't covered at all, they would have jsut changed the manual to reflect the new/different parts.

I try to pay attention to the tranny stuff as best I can, but I simply can't think of any resource like you are asking about. Almost a "timeline" of the 700's life, with the changes made each year.

5. chevystepside

that would be what im looking for.a sort timeline for the upgrades. ive got a good parts break down. but thats about it.

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Do you have both of the ATSG manuals for the 700R4? As I recall they sell a 700R4 manual, plus you also have to buy their "changes" manual that covers the stuff that changed over the years. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

i just got the atsg booklet. I didn't care much about the changes made from year to year.
    I would like to find out more about the non-tcc solenoid conversion though. I have only found a paragraph on that. it only mentions to put a check ball at the end of the solenoid. problem is there is no solenoid on mine /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

ARQ.

8. HarryH3

[ QUOTE ]
    I didn't care much about the changes made from year to year.

[/ QUOTE ]
    But that's the most important part. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif If you don't have the right info for the particular year model of 700R4 that you're working on, then the manual isn't going to be nearly as helpful... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

9. chevystepside

maybe im just an idiot but what does atsg stand for. and where can i get both manuals. need to rebuild may 89 700r4 trans. broke the output shaft and back half of the trans housing at the adapter for tcase. still not sure what caused it to break like it did. but its like 10deg outside right now and dark so i wont be able to look at it till the weather lets up a little.

10. HarryH3

ATSG = Automatic Transmission Service Group

Check out their web site at: http://www.atsgmiami.com/ /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif