Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Technical Questions About GM 14FF Dually Axle

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5BLT4FUN, Apr 14, 2002.

1. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have a few questions about the GM 14FF Dually axle. What is the WMS to WMS dimension? Is there more than one width of Dually axle? What application has the Dually axle?
    Any info that I can get will be helpful in my project.
    Thanks Layne

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

There are two axles available for the GM line.

The narrower of the two is the 14FF, which is about 63" WMS to WMS. This axle was available in the trucks that were cab-and-chassis models, etc.

The other axle is the D70, with a wider track, even wider than the front axles. Not positive on the WMS, but it's something like 75" or so.
    These rears are standard axles on the duallies that have the regular bed with the wide fiberglass fenders.

So, it boils down to if you find a 1 ton with the bed and fenders on it, it will have the D70.

If you find a flatbed truck or even a utility bed truck, it will have the 14FF.

BUT, I have seen people to take off the beds and install the flat beds or utility beds before.

The only surefire way to check is to crawl down and inspect the cover. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. so will single wheel 14 bolt hubs and drums fit on a dually dana 70? the cab chassie would have to have spacers to use in a single wheel ap. right?

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

No. 14FF parts and D70 parts are two different things. Both are manufactured by two different companies and totally not compatible.