Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ted Nugent makes an offer

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Sep 5, 2002.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

All I can say is "The Nuge will be huge in '04"

NEW YORK (AP) - Why would Lance Bass want to go into space, when he could be home on the range with Ted Nugent?
    The 'N Sync singer was rejected this week in his bid to visit the International Space Station because his sponsors were unable to come up with the $20 million fee in time.

But for just $1 million, Nugent has offered to have the boy band member over to his Michigan ranch to teach him bow-hunting skills. The guitarist and outdoorsman said Bass could then join him on a weeklong hunt, "where he'll be taught a greater appreciation for nature and gravity as he hunts, kills, cleans and cooks for himself."

"Bass needs to quit worrying about going into outer space and embrace and celebrate life by learning how to kill his own food," Nugent said Tuesday. "A slab of flesh on the back of a deer is the finest source of protein on the planet."

The 53-year-old rocker said he'd sweeten the deal by "throwing in a few guitar lessons."

Nugent is a National Rifle Association board member whose books include "God, Guns & Rock 'n' Roll" and "Kill it and Grill It: A Guide to Preparing and Cooking Wild Game and Fish." He says he'll kill 100 deer this year, most of which he'll donate to homeless shelters.

Bass' publicist, Jill Fritzo, did not immediately have a response to Nugent's offer Wednesday.

The Russian space agency Rosaviakosmos on Tuesday ordered Bass to leave Russia's Star City cosmonaut training ground, where he'd been since July, after missing several deadlines to pay for his October ride.

At 23, the pop singer would have been the youngest person ever in space.

Fritzo and David Krieff, the television producer who'd planned to document Bass' journey, both said negotiations with the Russians are still possible.

AP-ES-09-04-02 1312EDT

2. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

How about if Ted Nugent hunts Lance Bass....hmmmmm. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

I'd PAY to see that!!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Old Lance would probably pass out at the first sign of blood and then The Nuge would have to pack his sorry carcus out.

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

"And next of Ted Nugent Outdoors, Ted hunts Al-Quaeda using Lance Bass as bait."

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    ...using Lance Bass as bait

[/ QUOTE ]
    Or repellant...

7. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    The Nuge totally rocks, he is possibly the coolest person living in Michigan right now.... other than me /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

I just saw Ted Nugent in concert a few months ago at a downtown rib cook-off. I've known his music for years (I'm 37) but had never seen him live. Concert was awesome, he rocked, you'd never know he was 53 the way he was carrying on! He really is a madman! I respect that!

9. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

LOL! All that time waisted on training that idiot to go up there and now he cant go? Why are people SPONSORING him when he is already a millionair? How about sponsoring someone who doesnt have a ton of money and isnt loved by every teenage girl in the nation /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

10. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

yeah they can sponsor me. i ain't got a ton of money but wait damn can't be sponsored cuss every teenage girl is in love with me. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif lol. damn. oh well. later

jacob

11. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

I saw Ted in concert last month in alsaka. What a f-n badass I like his new stuff like Who Whats to F*&amp;$ me? and his opinions like Allah sucks d!ck get a real god. and I own guns i am the mother F*(&amp;ing armed forces. If you dont own 20 guns you are not American. It was a great show the guy can still rock.

12. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

I say we just come up with $10 million, for a one way trip /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

13. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

LOL I'll donate to that cause. If we donate do we get to add some people who we would like to take the journey with him?