Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Telemarketers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Apr 29, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Okay, who all is sick and tired of telemarketers call ya ???? It always happens when I'm laying down, having a meal, or heading out the door. How bout you ??? And it's 99% of the time about something I do NOT want !!!

2. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

The TeleZapper works pretty good. In Cali, many telemarketers may be outlawed soon (not enough, but many).

3. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

It goes thru 6 month waves it seems. I've got caller id. Now if someone shows up as out of area or the number doesn't show up, then they can leave a message on the answering machine.

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I like what my dad does when they call... he just lets them start their little schpeel, and then he quietly puts them on hold and hangs the phone up. They are so busy yakking that they dont hear the subtle little "click" noise. Its entertaining to walk by the phone 2 minutes latter and notice that the hold light is still on. hahahahhaha, damn telemarketers. Blocking their call doesn't bother them... making them waste time/money on a non-profit call does tho... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

J

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I pick the phone say" Hello" then hang up!

6. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

Caller ID also, and still pick up, say "Hello". When they start, I just say "Take me off your phone list" and hang up.

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I usually let them go through the whole thing and then say, "oh, I'm not the homeowner, sorry".

One time last week, I had my wife on the floor laughing. A telemarketer called up and said, "Hi, blah blah blah, this is blah blah from your major credit card company, and we're just calling to thank you for being such a good customer, and congratulate you on being selected for the bonus rewards program." I say, "awe, thanks, that's really nice of you. Well, have a good night." The girl was so surprised I guess, she just said, "oh, uh ok", and I said "bye".
    I hung up and told my wife the credit card company just called to thank us and congratulate us on a new club membership...

8. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

If you have the time, just talk to them, I had the phone company call one time and I just asked a hundred questions, made him repeat stuff he said 5 minutes ago, then after about 20 - 30 minutes just tell them your not interested, funnier if you have friends around and put them on spkr phone.

9. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I listen to em for a minute or so and then ask how much this wonderful deal is gonna cost, then I ask em if I can borrow the money to get it.
    Thats good for a laugh.
    When they say I can put it on my credit card I tell em I don't have one can I use yours.
    Or the ol hang on a second I'm takin a dump and I need to wipe my ass usualy leaves em speechless, especialy if ya give out the gross details like holy crap ya oughta see this sucker it has to 4' long LOL

10. 87GMC

87GMC 1/2 ton status

Ask them for their home # so you can call them later to talk about it. They usually tell me "I don't like people calling me at home". Exactly what I was thinking.
    Or when the call for they wife/girlfriend, I'll say "this is her", usually the give up.

11. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> If I'm sitting around bored, I have fun withthem acting like I'm all over the deal they're pushing and then at the last minute I say something like, " How does it feel to have somebody waste YOUR time ! "

12. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

I don't know what is worse...Telemarketers or hang up calls or calls for people who use to have this phone number. Now keep in mind this has been our phone number since August of 2000 and even after hanging up on the idiots, being rude and obnoxious and demanding (not asking) that they take my number off their list because it no longer belopngs to blah blah blah they still call and ask for her. God that makes me so mad.

13. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

Just tell them that you dont do business over the phone and aske them to take your number off their list and they stop talking immediately and legally they have to take your number off their lists. I started doing a few months ago and haven't gotten any calls for about a month.

14. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

What Lara said!

15. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

Used to do that horrible job for a living and they are supposed to take your name off their lists but, they dont.They normally just wait about a month or so and call you again.