Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Television

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mudjunkie 82, Oct 18, 2004.

1. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Is it me or does it seem like the Quality of TV shows suck anymore. Too many of these dumb ass Reality shows on.

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I haven't had my TV in weeks

Well, I'm off to read the 10th book, the last currently available, of my series

3. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Is it me or does it seem like the Quality of TV shows suck anymore. Too many of these dumb ass Reality shows on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I'm a big fan of movies, but when it comes time to watch something else its usually Discovery, TLC, or something of the sorts. I always think of "Running man" with Arnold Swarznggggrrr and how close we are to their reality. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Hey mudjunkie, do you have reg tv or cable / dish?? the dish has good movies it costs around 100 bucks a month and your all set /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Thought about dish but we have 4 sets. We have cable but most of the shows are re-runs. We need about 5 Channels of off road Television /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I'm a big fan of movies, but when it comes time to watch something else its usually Discovery, TLC, or something of the sorts. I always think of "Running man" with Arnold Swarznggggrrr and how close we are to their reality. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Seems like when I watch TV the most(during the day) on TLC and Discovery there is always some reality show too. Trading Spaces, shows like it, or fashion shows. Has become the new sap operas I guess?

7. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

$100 is redoculous. Go to radio shack and get Direct TV. I used to sell it (at the shack). I've had both dish and direct TV, direct TV is better. More channels per $, better channels, and a better "departure angle" that helps with those nasty trees-in-the-way. Which makes it easier to set up. Anyways, it wouldn't even cost $100 bucks a month for four tv's.

BTW, *if* you can afford it - get the extended service plan. We get paid an extra percentage of that as a "spiff". Those spiffs are your bread and butter when you work a job as shitty as the shack.... Not only that, but IIRC the TSP on direct TV is for in-home service and they will make sure to get it workin' with your home setup. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

8. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

I have direct TV and between all the different history, learning, health, etc. channels I can blow an entire sick day an maybe see 1 or two reruns. But I'm nutso, so watching a discovery show for the second time in a day (50th time in my life) ..... it's all I watch besides movies.

9. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Agreed, tv content can suck these days... I'm down to King of the Hill and the Daily Show. Sometimes I don't even want to be bothered watching the left wing comedy, I mean Daily, show...

10. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

10-4.

Read a book.

I would kill the TV but wifey protesteth too much.

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

That's why my DVD collection is ever growing. I have full digital cable with all the movie channels offered by my cable co. I still watch the Sci-Fi channel more then anything else.

12. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I don't even own a tv.

13. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

my roommate has a TV. my playstation is the only reason i touch the thing. oh, and the weather channel when im watchin a hurricane, but thats just about it. i watched trucks! once i think... /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

14. semper-k-five

semper-k-five 1/2 ton status

we only watch Discovery, Discovery Science, TLC and History channels in my house...excecpt for sports!!!!!!!!!

but you are right, TV programs have certainly gone sh*tty...

15. semper-k-five

[ QUOTE ]
    That's why my DVD collection is ever growing. I have full digital cable with all the movie channels offered by my cable co. I still watch the Sci-Fi channel more then anything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

you aint lyin man!! maybe it's another corporate consperiacy!!!! have crappy television to get folks out to by more DVD's...since all the major Cinema companies seem to own all the broadcasting stations these days....makes ya wander...free crappy programin to get folks to buy dvd's... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I think one of the biggest down falls of television today is all the reality shows. To me, the reality shows are boring. If I wanted too watch reality on tv, I'd turn on the news or sports. Atleast the Sci-Fi channel is still comming out with new stuff, and alot of it has been pretty damn good. Here in Jan. they are starting a new Battlestar Galatica series. I hope it'll be as good or better then the mini-series.

17. semper-k-five

yeah...i'm lookin forward to it!! forgot to add the SCI FI channel to the list!!!