Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tell me about your c02

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 4trolls, Mar 22, 2005.

1. 4trolls

4trolls 1/2 ton status

I did a search on this but nothing came up. whos running c02 , and how do you like it ? how long does it last ? and how does it compare to an air compressor? thanks ..steve

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i have a co2 tank. got the regulator/hoses from an online dealer that caters to mitsubishi guys (of all things) a few years ago. Tank is from a local gas supply place. I really like it. Its as simple as simple can get, it fills up big meats FAST and its cheap once you have the regulator. I carry a little 12v compressor for emergency backup just in case the tank runs out... never had to use it but its there just in case.

j

3. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

One issue with CO2 is that it will bleed thru your tires. I have a setup in my K5 and was using it to fill my daughter's tires on her bike. They were going down every day, I thought the tires had holes in them. Then I tried air from my shop compressor. The tires didn't go down after that.

If I did it again, I think I would go with an engine driven compressor...

4. 4trolls

4trolls 1/2 ton status

what size bottle are you running, and how long does it last?

5. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

I have a 20 pound tank. Pepsi leases them for a deposit of $25 and you can keep them forever - if you like. Pepsi use to fill them for $15 then it went to $25, then they quit doing it altogether for liability reasons. However, there is a local company that will exchange the tank for $12.

I got the regulator from from Williams Balloon and Helium (800-235-4112). $30.25 + shipping for being a member of a 4x4 club. But this was over a year ago.

I got the model-150 with the 125lb static pressure spring.

http://www.williamsballoons.com/html/carbon_dioxide.html

This chart may help with usage numbers.

[​IMG]

6. Blazr77400

Blazr77400 1/2 ton status

Thats if you ran bicycle tires on your truck. I filled my tires up last October with my Co2 tank and they have not leaked out.