Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tell me about yourself...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Grieby54, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

Jun 18, 2005
    I am bored out of my skull... SO, I'll start a thread. If you are to cooperate, you'd write about yourself, follow suite and add more if you wish.

Name: Sam Griebenow
    Location: I live in Friendswood, it's about at "Perfect-ville" as it comes
    Favorite Vehicle: My current project... I just wanna get the damn thing done now though. I've been working on it for about a year now. But hopefully it goes to paint this weekend! For those of you who don't know... look it up. '54 Chevy on a 77 Chassis, though I've not updated pictures as of recently.
    For Fun: I'm a pretty typical Senior in HS. So I like to hang out with my friends, my amamzing girlfriend, and wrench. I spend way too much time on this site for my own health... I like racing my dad's Benz (we go to a track every first Sunday of the month). I love people, I love my family. I play soccer... I played football (kicker) this year :doah: not a whole lot more I don't think.
    Random Stuff: I've been skiing since the age of 2. Playing soccer since 4. Working on cars since I could walk (my dad had two mustangs and I'd be out there all the time). I like rock, a bit of country, and :doah: a bit of rap :doah: ... I'm a pretty smart kid I suppose. I treat women like a gentleman should... that's how I was raised. I have a problem with stupid people in a place of authority. I can't really think of much else...

Take it away guys!
  2. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Nov 14, 2001
    Name: Allan Alden Lundberg

Location: Spokane, Wa. and Ione, Wa. Ione used to be a cute little town... but now it's a partially inbred hickville of the north. I do my best to blend in when I'm there, except for the inbreeding part.

Favorite vehicle: I'm an equal opportunity 4-wheeler. I love all my children equal... but if I had to choose, it would be my '80 GMC.

For Fun: I'm a vulcan. Only (main) thing I do that isn't logically based is off-roading. Isn't working on trucks fun? What else is there to do?

Random: I used to want to own my own art store; I listen to about anything, but country and rap are on the bottom of the list; I believe in God and main theories of Christianity but don't go to church; my dog is fat; I claim to live in a motorhome part-time; I'm one of the few guys left out there that believes in marriage before sex and only want one girl to spend my life with... in other words I don't date... but even if I tried I wouldn't be able to get any cause I look like an ugly caveman; I'm so cheap the only things I buy new are fuel and oil... everything else is reusuable or I'll use until it can't be used anymore... including some gas and oil too I guess. :p: Besides Chevy 4x4s and Dana 60's, I have a thing for camp trailers, campers and old motorhomes. I have a unibrow. Instead of typing this I should be out in the garage working on things but I'm not.
  3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Feb 17, 2000
    Name: Paul Unangst

Favorite vehicle: I have a 1959 GMC 1/2 ton with a stepside shortbox. It's parked at my uncle's place. I haven't driven it or worked on it in 9 years, but someday.....

For fun: Icefishing, horsing around with my kids, playing with my hot wife, pretending I can play drums

Random stuff: 17 years with the local Gas Co. putting pipe in the ground. No real hobbies other than being a devoted father and husband. I'm doing my part to keep Vodka manufacturers worldwide from going bankrupt. I also enjoy helping good people when they need it most........
  4. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Sep 9, 2001
    Name: Chris Martin

Location: Charlotte, NC. I want out of the city, and live in the middle of nowhere

Favorite Vehicle(s): My truck, and my dream car, 1970 Chevelle SS-454, LS6, M22 Rockcrusher tranny, 4.10s, posi, red w/ black stripes, black vinyl interior, and black vinyl top. (Ok, so my fantasies get detailed)

For fun: I work on my truck. If its a special occasion, someone elses truck. Other than that.........?

Random stuff: No social life, treat women like a gentleman, dont date b/c I have a truck that takes all my money. I could afford one or the other :doah: . And always seem to be a day late and a dollar short on smoking deals (unlike Alan grrr). Like country, bluegrass, Southern rock, and some new rock. Goin to UNCC, was an mech eng major, couldnt take it, now a business major, and still not sure just wtf I wanna do.
  5. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Oct 21, 2003
    Name: Joe Zumpf

Location: New Lenox, Illinois. One of the fastest growing south suburbs of chicago, and i hate it here. I cant wait to move out into the sticks.

Favorite Vehicle: My '85 Toyota. ;)

For Fun: I just enjoy being outside, whether its heading out wheeling, fishing, camping, hiking, or working on my trucks.

Random: I listen to any and all music, from classical to punk to even some rap, and everything inbetween. I also consider myself a conservative when it comes to political view, and this draws criticism from other people i go to school with. Apparently when you are conservative you are only allowed to listen to certain music. They can screw themselves. I, like allen, believe in marriage before sex, and when it comes to relationships have very high moral standards. I have yet to meet one woman in the school i attend who doesnt still talk like a valley girl and only want to get smashed on the weekend and have sex with anything that will bring them a beer. Sorry, not interested. Two years ago i got to watch my dad die in a car accident with my own eyes, this combined with my depressing search for women with a sliver of integrity has left me somewhat bitter towards people in general. I guess thats about it, in other words i better stop before i type out a novel. Wait, one more thing, i am club president of Chicago 4x4, and enjoy it alot. We dont do much, but we wheel and we have fun.
  6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

May 26, 2003
    :D i'll get back with ya. i need sleep for our end of the year inventory. :D
  7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Jul 17, 2004
    Name: Chad Berry
    Favorite Vehicle: 1990 Suburban. Wanted it for a long time, bought it when I could comfortably aford it. Fixing it up as I go.

For Fun: 3 kids, 2 Labs and a wife that is great. Time permitting - camping, biking, climbing, fishing and anything in or on water.

Random Stuff: I am going to become a school teacher once everything is paid for (Kids). Its my retirement plan and I am looking forward to it.
  8. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

Nov 1, 2004
    name: brett hoyt aka (woodchuck)
    hight : 6.0 '

job title: auto mechanic . local family own shop that is getting vary big.

life style: easy going , work , rest , play with my trucks.

current projects: 79 k30 c&c flatbed beater buildup.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . 73 ford mustang coupe resto for mom.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . 77 k30 show truck lots of goodys.

lifes problems: i am a ck5 aholic i need help. and like some hear no names i am a d60 junky. . please help me.
  9. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Oct 28, 2003
    Name: Ira McDonald Kinkead (apparently it was a painful birth)

Location: El Cajon California will be moving to Norfolk Virginia in June of 2006 cause Uncle Sam Said So.

Favorite Vehicle: My 1987 K5

Random: Raised in a Christian home with typical Christian Morals. I have a daughter that was born out of wedlock. However my wife is her mother :D I just did it a little backwards. I have been in the Navy for just over 10 years and I am a Chief Machinist Mate (Nuclear) in the US Navy and I spent 5 1/2 years on the nuclear submarine USS Houston (SSN-713). I am becoming a Naval Officer and will be going to the USS Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71 in Norfolk Virginia. Like Joez I listen to all kinds of music from classical to soul to rap to country and anything inbetween and by the way PUNKS NOT DEAD!!!! :D . I like wrenchin on the rig and almost have everything together to put the 4" lift dana 60 front 14FF rear and 37 MTRs. I generally get quite annoyed with "stupid" people and I am a firm beliver that stupidity should be painful. I plan on doing atleast 10 more years in the Navy possible 20 so I will not have to work when I retire. I currently have plans to retire around the Flagstaff area but I did spend a couple of weeks around Esquimalt and Victoria and could easily see myself becoming............dare I say it..............Canuckian :doah: . They would prolly kick me out anyhow. I guess that is it I am pretty analytical as it is the Nuclear way and if you can follow any of what I have typed you will notice that I pretty much type what ever pops into my head with no rhyme or reason.

10. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Sep 16, 2005
    This is the same crowd I find at gun shows. Thank God for being born in America. And you young guys, standing straight, clear-eyed,.....and PROUD. And I'll bet that word PROUD echoes very loud between the ears. :wink1:
  11. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Oct 16, 2004
    Mike Lynam
    Gunnison, Colorado, elev.7703, pop 8000 and NO salvage yards within 100 miles
    Self employed carpenter
    48 years young
    Born in Oklahoma, but raised all over
    Hobbies turning wrenches, shooting, building furniture
    Spent 13 years in the armed services;Marines, Army,Army Reserve
    I love my country, but I do not always agree with our leaders.

If you complain about something w/o trying to rectify it, yore a whiner.
    If you try to fix the problem, then you are a citizen.
  12. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Aug 14, 2001
    Hmm lets see here

Name Brian Hershberger

Location Lemoore California (Naval Air Station)

Favorite vehicle would be my 89 Blazer. I have a couple of dream cars 68 RS/SS Camaro Early 70's T/A with a 455, 55-57 Chevy pickup. Currently looking for a towrig to pull my Blazer around. Not sure what though.

About me

I grew up in a small town in NW Montana. I am a country boy born and raised. I still have that way of life in me although I am forced to live elsewhere do to being in the Navy. I joined when I was 18 and just went over 9 years. I have 11 more woohoo :D I just returned from a 6 month cruise on the USS Nimitz. I am an electrician on F-18 Super Hornets. I love my job but I am not crazy about the Navy sometimes. It pays the bills, and it is an easy job when I am home. I have been married for 4 years, but prolly wont see 5 (different story) I have a 2 year old boy and a 6 year old stepson who mean the whole world to me. I am pretty much into anything outdoors. I like to ski and snowboard. I was an avid hunter till I came in the Navy, and now it's pretty hard to get home to hunt LOL. I love quads and dirtbikes, but my current occupation will only support my K5 hobby :D I am a pretty easy going guy that doesn't get angry about much. I I still have old fashioned values and morals I think which I hope rub off on my kids. Thats about me in a nutshell :D
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2005
  13. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

Sep 23, 2003
    Name: Jonathan Goodwin

Favorite Vehicle: for everyday use, my 87 K5. for pleasure, my 87 1100 Yamaha Virago

For Fun: I have many hobbies but can't afford to do all of them on a regular basis. I love to ride my motorcycle, collect guns and shoot, fish and hunt.

Random: I've been married for just over 11 yrs. to my beautiful wife Cristy. we do not have any children but hopefully that will change soon. I work at Mt. Olive Pickle Co. and have been employed there for soon to be 10 yrs. I have been in the pickle industry now for 14 yrs because my previous job was at another near by pickle company. I work the night shift from 3:30 until 2 am. I love cooking on the grill and I love eating what I cook even more :D. I listen to all kinds of music except rap and pop. I'm an easy going kind of guy but will lose my temper real quick.

addiction: I'm a CK5aholic!
  14. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Aug 29, 2002
    Name: David Christopher Baber
    Location: Richmond Va all my life, Blacksburg, Va, where I belong, for school
    Favorite Vehicle I've owned: 1990 GMC Jimmy
    Favorite Dream Vehicle: 67 Chevelle SS
    Fun Times: Hangin out, wrenching, 4wheelin, Hokie football, landscaping
    Random facts: Im a big guy, pretty quiet though, horticulture major, dont really drink, occasionally like a dip or a chew, try to treat people like I want to be treated, typical Southern gentleman....
  15. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

Dec 9, 2003
    Name: Beater_K20 DUH!
    Favorite Vehicle: my '77 K20
    For Fun: wrenchin' wreckin' and women!
    Random Stuff: turning wrenches since i was 9 with my grandpa and my uncle. i think i'm on vehicle #32 or 33 now. :rolleyes: i live at home with my parents, and they LOVE my fleet... see my sig... :rolleyes: i'm an RVIA certified RV technician (RV equivalent of an ASE for you auto guys).
  16. RubberFloorMat

RubberFloorMat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Dec 12, 2004

28yrs old

Live: OKC OKlahoma

Born: Salmon Idaho

no kids, awesome wife who is VP of a Bank.

6 yrs Army Infantry, Bosnia, Afghanistan, Iraq.

classicly trained chef.

full time student: Criminal Justice (wanna be a cop)

Loss prevention officer for retail store

current rides are in the sig.

hobbies: Shooting, fishing, hunting, Xbox, imprted dark beer.

likes: any full size american 4x4, and all classic musclecars.

dream rides: 69 Mach 1 428Cj, 1991 K5!!, 70 442, 67 Charger.
  17. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Nov 13, 2003
    Tom Chuna

Age 38.

Living in Parma Ohio, just outside of Cleveland.

Married to Lisa, 5 yrs in august, no kids, one dog and a fish tank.

Occupation: Self employed - Lisa owns a car wash / detail service.

I do independent sales and tech support for American Clean Energy Systems. We help diesel fleets reduce their pollution, and the amount of fuel they use.

Rides: 69 & 79 Camaros, 92 Fullsize Blazer, and a 98 durango.

Music: southern rock, outlaw country, blues and Kid Rock

I like Jesus, NASCAR, Football, guns, fishing, martial arts, and trucks.

I dislike communism, political correctness, democrats and the french. Iffy about the canadians though.

I enjoy debates and discussion about anything and everything.

18. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Jul 6, 2004
    I guess I'll give it a whirl..

Name: R. Carter

Location: Outside of San Antonio, TX. But the city gets a little closer all the time.

I've been a firefighter for almost 16 years now. I'm pretty lucky to be able to make a good living off of something I love doing. I've been with the same gal for 20 years this summer, and have been married to her for almost 14 years. We have 2 daughters, who are our world.. an 8 y.o. (today, 12/1 actually.. Happy B-day sweetie! :laugh: ) and a 3 1/2 y.o. I got my first 4x4 back in 1984, a 77 K10 pu. I've never been without a GM 4wd since. Our current rides are my 97 K1500, my wifes 01 4wd Tahoe, and our 89 K5.

Interests: 4x4's themselves, and wheeling. Old fire stations, old fire helmets, old fire dept pictures. Rodeo, fishing/hunting, guns, muscle cars, moto-x, bagpipes, local history.

And like Forrest Gump said, .. I guess that's all I have to say about that.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2005
  19. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

May 19, 2001
    Name: Jason Edward Kenneth Brown

Location: Vancouver, WA, USA... aka the REAL Vancouver. :grin:

Favorite Vehicle: truck: K5s (der!) cars: 427 Cobra

For Fun: Working on my K5, driving my K5, shooting guns, playing DoD, hangin' out with my wife, having sex with my wife, watching football/basketball, surfing CK5.

Random Stuff: Conservative, love a good debate, dislike left wing idiots, hate terrorists and dictators. Always enjoy reading military history or clancy-style military sci-fi. Don't like kids. Thrifty in the name of buying more 4x4 parts and saving for retirement. Served 4 years in the Marines as an infantryman, expert rifle shot. Been doing security for the last 2 years, very good pistol shot. Have a degree in Architectural design I'm not using. Work for Wells Fargo Bank. Have a 1 ton K5 that is a never ending project that I love working on almost as much as I love driving. Want to enter TTC '07.

20. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Jan 24, 2003
    Matt Burg

Salt lake city Ut (west side) WVC

Age 38, going on 16

83 blazer way too much custom crap done to it. (ask my wife) :doah:

My family is most important to me, wife of 12 years, 3 little boys (10,5,2) and our baby girl (8 months) and my 100 pound 1/2 black lab,1/2 rotty , 4 legged garbage disposal.

I am currentl attending college and will graduate in Oct 06 with my airframe and propulsion certificate, and i am on the deans list! :rolleyes:

great thread guys! :bow: