Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tell me if i have gone crazy????

Discussion in 'Audio' started by KrebsATM02, Nov 2, 2000.

1. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

After months of fine research i have finally come up with a plan. HAHA I couldn't decide to do with all my stereo stuff when it is vs. the outdoors, mud, theives and all other nice things that like to steal or ruin stereos. So I have come up with a pretty crazy plan. right now my blazer has little interior in it, no carpet, and no side panels in the back. I plan to rhino line the floor and the sides and the bottom of the doors. Then i am going to make a bunch of stuff out of diamond plating. I am going to make a center console that holds my stereo, eq, and make it have a cup holder and stuff. Then have a panel that comes over the stereo, etc... that locks to protect from thieves and water. Also i plan on making kick panels in the front for my 5.25's and boxes for 6x9's in the rear by the wheel wells that point forward and towards the middle. I plan to make the box for the subs out of 3/4" particle board and then to seal it with polyurethane or something like that. Then i plan to put that inside of a diamond plate covering behing the rear seat. I would have the woofers firing down and make the wood box like 4" of the floor so that water could run underneath and not mess with the box or speakers. For the amps, i have one for the subs and a 4 channel for the rest. I plan on mounting them infront of the wheel wells underneath the bed rails. I think ya'll know the spot i am talking about. Anyways, they would mount on diamond plating and then have a cover plate out of diamond plating so you couldn't see them, yet they would still get adeaquate room for cooling. Also i would either lock the cover plate on somehow or just make it a pain to take them off. Oh and the tweeters in the front, i am mounting in brackets that come off of the visors. All of the diamond plating on all the crap i listed would be rhinolined to match the interior. Ok i think i am done now. Sorry for making it so long, just want to see what ya'll think and work out all the kinks before i start. Thanks and i appreciate the help - Doug Krebs

Doug Krebs

2. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

Sounds sweet,heavy, but sweet.I am about to start redesigning my tune set up myself. Good luck, and let's see some pics on the whole procsess.

3. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Make sure if you put your radio in your console that IF its a CD player that its not at too much of an angle. The CD mechanism in most players will only operate correctly horizontal or within 20-30 degrees of horizontal.
    You can just use regular silicone caulking to seal your sub box...the joints on the inside that is. If you want to seal the outside from weather, you could try KILZ sealant. Works pretty OK on particle board or MDF. Try to make the box out of MDF(medium density fiberboard) instead of just plain old particle board. Lots better for a sub box.
    I think putting the tweeters on the visors would be a mistake. A good rule of thumb on a component set is to have the woofer and tweeter within 6-8 inches of each other. Those tweeters are going to be alot closer to your ears than any of the other speakers. They will be over powering and shrill that close to your head.
    Everything else sounds cool.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

4. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I am not going to get an indash eq. I want a ppi 30 band eq...I hear they are pretty bad....anyone else think so?

..........and one time at band camp.........

5. istallion88k5

istallion88k5 1/2 ton status

I love my RF EPX/2 with the 28 band eq, it has a remote RDAT that you can put anywhere.

If it aint a Chevy don't raise it up!