Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tell me if this is a good idea

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by surpip, Oct 5, 2004.

1. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

you know how on the later model trucks the fuel filler has a vent tube that runs parrell with the filler tube? im thinkin that i could use a "t" fitting to run the rear axle vent tube into. good idea or no?

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Isnt that vent tube so you can put gas into the tank without having it blow over the place? I think you would run the risk of cross contaminating both areas.

Does that make sense? I'm not sure that I understood what you were proposing.

3. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I think you would for sure have gas in your axle. That tube allows air to escape from the fuel tank as you fill it. When its full some small amount of fuel will wash back down that vent line or up it since the tanks is full now.

4. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

ya...BAD idea /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif you'd end up with gas in yer diff....you could run the vent up to the fuel filler and just have it near it but not attached, if u want it up high like that /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

alright cool thanks for the advice!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif