Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tell me this isnt pathetic

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by schmuck, Feb 22, 2003.

1. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

I used to have a 99 dodge ram extended cab with out all the power goodies. And before that i had a 97 dodge ram extended cab sport with all the good stuff. now here is the story my blazer is faster than both of these trucks and i dont know why. both dodges had 318 cids, 3.73 gears, 4speed autos, and both were same size, the 99 was lighter than the 97 and both trucks were lighter than the Blazer. Now my Blazer has a 305, 3.08 gearsand the 700R4 and it is 4WD, both of the Dodges were 2WD.

Performance mods are as such:
    99 Ram
    Flotech Terminator muffler
    K&N filter charger

97 Ram
    Flowmaster catback
    K&N filter charger
    computer module

85 Blazer
    Edelbrock carb
    Hedman headers
    Flowmaster mufflers
    Accel ignition
    dumped computer & emissions

Also take into consideration the Blazer has 35x12.50 tires on it and both Rams had 265/70/R16 tires on them.

Sorry so long but I had to just let you know how much those Rams suck. Probably the slowest vehicles I have ever owned.

2. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

Hmm. I should go test drive one of those to make me feel better about my Blazer. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    blazer is faster

[/ QUOTE ] Becouse it's a Chevy /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

yeah the only good thing i can say about the rams is i used to pull a 2000 pund trailer behind the 99 almost every day and you could not tell it was there and 2 times i pulled a 8000 pound load and same thing could barely fell it the power band was pretty flat

5. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

hmm i duno... my friends dad had a 98 ram sport and it was as fast as my maxima 220hp or so and a bit lighter. thats pretty damned quick, and same thing with my other friends 03 ram...a lot quicker than my k5 with new 350 and 4.56 gears and 35's. I duno what was wrong with those trucks, but rams are pretty quick from what ive known.

6. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

did it have the 318 or the 360 i know the 360 with a chip is quick