Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tell me what if you would buy this...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by solowookie, Apr 24, 2001.

1. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

OK, 84 chevy truck, <font color=red>completely trashed</font color=red>! It was a ranch truck which should tell you everything you need to know about the body etc.

Anyway, this has a dana 60 front axle (don't know the gear ration), a 14 Bolt rear axle etc. It also has a working 454 rat w/ 125,000 miles on it that runs good.

The guy wants $1500 for the truck, and I can probably get it for less.

Should I buy it? If I purchase it I will sell the engine and everything else except the axles and the transfer case 'if' it has a np205 in it...

<font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue>

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I would talk him down to around a grand. Are you sure the axles and t-case are rebuildable? My experiance with farm trucks is that they are way beyond "ragged on". Just being "ragged on" would be a vacation for those trucks!

[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html>http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html</A>

3. Scoobydoo

Scoobydoo 1/2 ton status

Phoenix / Peoria ARIZONA. (75thAve/DeerValley)
    sounds good to me!
    But why part it out? throw a lift and tires on it, and it's a trail rig![​IMG]

the dents will soon be fixed with larger dents

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!

4. timebomb1602

timebomb1602 1/2 ton status

yeah if everthing checks out good go for it! You can probably recoup most of your money by parting the truck out.......besides d60s are going for 1500 alone!!

<font color=red>1991 GMC Jimmy 350tbi 3.42</font color=red>[​IMG]

5. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

If the axles are in good condition that would definatly be a good buy cause a d60 alone usually cost more then that!

- SlyDog [​IMG][​IMG]

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Let me know if you decide to pass on this truck. I could always add another one to my stable of K30's! [​IMG]

7. solowookie

hey, thanks for all the info guys, and K30 I will let you know if I decide to pass...

my mechanic is going to pull it up on his racks tomorow (it's at his shop now) and check out the axles for me. I know the engine runs good. I'm also going to get the gear ratio, and see what transfer case it has.

<font color=red>Question #2, what is a running 454 worth?</font color=red>

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I've noticed fram trucks get ragged out really bad...this guy I knew bought one, and it turns out it was someone's b!tch, the nhe went and bought another one, it was nicer though, but still lots of problems.....

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>

9. solowookie

hey, I was raised on a ranch, and I'm around ranch trucks all the time so I am very aware of how these trucks are used and abused...

at the same time, hey, how can you not consider something that has dana 60's, a 14 bolt, and a 454! I'm pretty excited at the prospect!

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

GO FOR IT!!!!!!!! Why the heck can't I find deals like this ????

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

11. solowookie

the reason you can't find deals like this is because you are fortunate to posses the knowledge that we would all like to have about these things... [​IMG] lol [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

12. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Knowledge... about what? Mak'n a Balony sandwich? [​IMG] I can already feel the full fledge offroad'n virus taking over.... only thing that can stop it is the more powerful speed and drag rac'n Virus LOL [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

13. solowookie

oh... you don't <font color=red>even</font color=red> want to know what I told my wife today... she's really short right? (5'3")

I told here where I have really beefy axles now I need to make this into a pure trail rig, and purchase a 91 (for galvanized body) w/ good paint, air conditioning etc. to turn into the family wagon!

the trail rig would have 35's or 36's with a 6" lift, and the 'family wagon' would have 2 1/2" lift w/ 33's...

Yea, I think the bug has hit... AND if I can find a good 91 late in the year or early next year I can probably pull it off! [​IMG][​IMG] lol

[​IMG][​IMG]

14. LittleJimmy

LittleJimmy 1/2 ton status

You will have to move the rear spring perch. It will not bolt up to your truck. Talk to General Blue Balls opps BlazerBoy. Not Blazer_Boy. But antway he just scored the same deal. Dana60 front and a 14 bolt rear with the np203 or what ever the manual is I forget. But you should talk to him he will let you know whats up. I am working on scoring a 3/4 ton set up. Dana44 front and 14 bolt rear that will bolt right up to mine. Later LittleJimmy....

15. white_knight

white_knight 1/2 ton status

Heck I'd buy it. Dana 60,14 bolt and 454 for 1500.00, you'd probably get it for less, I'm sure.
    I picked up a farm truck 3+3 crew cab with the same for $2000.00. I have the parts for my next trail truck.
    If you do part it out you'll more than make your money back.
    454- easy $750.00
    Dana 60- $1000.00
    14 bolt- $400.00

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.whiteknight.scriptmania.com/>http://www.whiteknight.scriptma
    nia.com
    </A>

16. solowookie

hey, thanks the spring perch information... I've heard there is a bit that needS modified there. I will also have to put the shock mount on (I've gonna setup the rear shocks like coloradok5's)

[​IMG][​IMG]

17. solowookie

hey, thanks a ton for the $$$ figures... appreciate it, this will give me an idea of what the dollar value of these parts are...

[​IMG][​IMG]

18. lowlevell

lowlevell 1/2 ton status

LMFAO @ scoobydoo HAHA. Those parts seperate are worth more than $1500. But he doesnt need to know that:)

One From None

19. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Yeah, he didnt need to know that! [​IMG] I could have bought those off him and pretended I was Boyce Equipment and see if I could have sold them out for $4000.00!!! [​IMG]

20. solowookie

incredibly bad new... [​IMG]

I found out that the guy decided not to sell this thing... I'd even get a chance to make the offer...

oh well, I still have somebody that has a 14B for me I just won't get the dana 60 up front.

the good part is I'll won't have to let me wife spend as much money to compensate, so I guess there is a positive side to this... lol [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]