Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tell me what you think...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Avery4jc, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Hey guys I've been working on a little site to help concentrate the progress of my rig. I've had stuff everywhere on the internet and decided to finally make it nice and neat. It's not close to being done but everything works so far except for some of the article pages. Look it over, read the stuff in the links to the left and let me know how it could be made easier to surf.

Thanks.

http://avery4jc.googlepages.com

-Avery

Last edited: Jul 12, 2006
  2. tuffdogstudio

tuffdogstudio 1/2 ton status

Good job on the site Avery, keep it updated and good luck with your tranny.

3. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Just a word of caution from my experience. I had one of those skidplate/truss setups on the rear of my Bronco when I had it. It was from Rhino I think. The first time I caught it on a rock it twisted it it around my axle to where it was pointing straight up and down. This turned it into a giant pull pal dirt wedge that caused some obvious issues. I had tightened down the brackets pretty good but we loosened them up and really tightened them down. Sure enough, later in the ride it did the same thing. I took it off, threw it in the back, and ended up giving it away to some mall crawler later. You may not have the same experience, just letting you know of mine though. Nice site though....

4. Avery4jc

Thanks guys, Desert Rat that is a really good point. The way it gets bolted on the axle tubes I could see that happening. A front mounted scoop would sure hinder forward progress. :rolleyes:

-Avery

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Looks good. Keep it updated.

6. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

good job man, right now i am hella bored, i just may make one

7. Avery4jc

Go for it, googlepages is pretty cool. Only problem is they don't like some html stuff I did but I e-mailed them to see what the problem was. If you select a section you can edit it or you can click the html button on the lower left hand corner and if you know some basic stuff you can really have some fun. Oh, and they let you have 100mb to upload stuff so if you resize pictures you can fit hundreds on there with no problem.

-Avery