Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TELLICO EXTREME 2002

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by muddevils, Jan 12, 2002.

1. muddevils

muddevils Registered Member

The MUD DEVILS 4 X 4 club based out of Greensboro, NC is having it's 7th annual "TELLICO EXTREME RUN". Right now we have 10 trucks going from the club, all but 2 are on 1-ton's and at least 38.5 swampers the other 2 are 1-j**p and 1-t*y*ta. I know, i know what the Hell are those guys are doing in there but hey, their friends(but their trucks SUCK).. hopefully we'll see you all on the BIG ROCKS! Must have BEEF!

BIG STUPID DUMB TRUCKS RULE!
    GOT BEEF?

2. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

Me and my cousins have been talking about making the trek one of these years the vehicles would be my 69 donco 72 K5 71long bed both the blazer and the long bed are running dana 60 front and corp 14 rear 4.56 detroit rear cross over steering agr box and 37's and the tow vehicle is a 2001 F-550
    we all grew up around hollister and would love to make the trip if time permits!!!

NO LOCKER, STOCK GEARS, NO PWR BRAKES, NO POWER STEERING, NO PROBLEM!

HIT IT FULL CHICKEN!!!!

3. muddevils

Well, if you want to make the trek this year we are going the 2nd weekend in May we will be there from that Wed. before thru that Sun. If you would like to go (thats a long drive) we would like to have you go along. Bye the way I have a Donco, as you call it, on my K5 chassie. If you want to join a club we would be happy for you to be the start of the West coast chapter of the MUD DEVILS. The name is missleading we really hate the mud. Rocks are better.

GOT BEEF?

4. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

What trails are you planning on running?

Jim '80 GMC & '73 Blazer
    Body by Tellico
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.tellicok5.rockcrawler.com>www.tellicok5.rockcrawler.com</a>

5. muddevils

before i start bigjbear i sent you a PM. We are going there to run all the hardest trails there. We will run 9, 11, 12, lower 2, and all the other trails we have time for. Except 6, that trail sucks, nothing but a bumpy ride and no challenging obstacals. Our main goal is to ride the hardest ones. Big Rocks are the only way to go.

GOT BEEF?

6. bigjbear

Thanks, I got it. let me know if that one works for you.
    If I get my junk together in time I will let you know. Trail 9 (slickrock) is a blast. I want to run Guard Rail &amp; School Bus(don't remember the #)

Jim '80 GMC & '73 Blazer
    Body by Tellico
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.tellicok5.rockcrawler.com>www.tellicok5.rockcrawler.com</a>

7. muddevils

hey dude, got your PM thanks for the info on CCMM. School Bus is #12, that one is alot of fun but not really all that much on it, if you don't count that it's pretty steap, but it is alot of fun, we ran it last Aug.. We are definitly running GuardRail (Hellecopter Pad) #11, and Slick Rock #9, and if we have time, and we're not all broke down, Lower #2. Give me a call if you need any more info. (336)292-4764. Thanks again.

GOT BEEF?

8. bigjbear

Muddevills, Any intrest in making this a big get together for the ck5 board? If we get enough people maybe an "easy" ride like 4,5,6, &amp; 8 for those who don't want to get too extreeme. While those who think of trail damage as bodywork are doing the fun stuff.
    Now that I've been on 9 I'm looking forward to 11. We started up it last summer but due to some joker pouring about two gal of oil on the big ledge near the guardrail-blew something in the motor and pumped all the oil out, then filled it back up w/o fixing it and pumped out 4 more qts-and having a group that wasn't quite ready for it we backed back down. That got me itching to finish it.
    Maybe hotrodk5 and his group would be intrested and we could make it the 3rd annual ck5 Tellico ride. Note for those who haven't been to Tellico "easy" is not a ride to be taken lightly. There is plenty of chalenge on all the trails. If it is raining there is no easy. I don't know which one it will be, but I will have one of the truck back together by then.

Jim '80 GMC & '73 Blazer
    Body by Tellico

9. bigjbear

Crap, I just reread the whole thread. I forgot you said this was a club ride for you. I didn't mean to step on your toes. Anyway, I would still be intrested in going.

Jim '80 GMC & '73 Blazer
    Body by Tellico

10. muddevils

all i have to say is we welcome anyone who wants to go with us, we don't really care who goes with us, all we're there for is FUN! if anyone wants to meet up with us up there we will be camping on the Tenn. side of trail #1 at state line campsites, not sure of the site # i guess where ever we can fix all the trucks. :&gt;} or if any body knows where Green Cove is it is on that side of the forest. Hope to see some of you there. call me for info my # is in a post up alittle. later

GOT BEEF?

11. MR PJ

MR PJ Newbie

Got Beef? Please..... I'll be there trying to punk you out.

12. muddevils

COME ON EVERYONE LETS GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    we're going to be there on the 8th (wed.) come on lets hit the ROCKS!!!!!!!!! we will be there thru the 12th (sun.) lets quit talking about going about going and lets GO!!!! hope to see someone there from CK5! come on anyone is welcome we will have 6 trucks instead of 10 but lets DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the BIG ROCKS are calling to us!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Big_B_Murphy

Big_B_Murphy 1/2 ton status

I would love to go. I just got too much crap going on at home to get the K5 in good enough shape to make the trek out there. I hope to get out there later this year.