Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tellico/K5 KRAWL

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ZonkRat, Feb 7, 2004.

1. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

I know this isn't the right place for this,but,I haven't been around for a while & wanted to see if anyone is coming to play this year.This is a yearly trip for me & I hope some of you got hooked on the area last year.The last weekend of April through the first weekend of May is a great time to go there.Hope to be back on the net before too long.{Got to reup here too}.My better half went to work driving a 18wheeler so I've been on the road with her or on the road moving the state fair eqiupment around since last June.I'm in a truck stop in Atlanta Ga right now taking advantage of someeeeee free net time.Got a BB{402} for my truck,hope to get to work onit soon.Hope to see lots of K5s in Tellico this year.Never did get my video to play,but,I did manage to pull some still pics off it.I'll bring some cds with me for everyone{long as they last}free.It's been a rough year for me,but,I'll be in Tellico.The bad thing about being on the road so much is not getting to play with my truck,but,the goodthing is I haven't had much chance to break it either.Once again hope to see y'all soon and Steve,my dues are comming soon. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Yea we are trying to put something together.I want to take some of them up lower 2 /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

3. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear it.I try to stay for both weekends and will be glad to take anyone with smaller rigs on some easier trails.I've been going there for several years and know the area pretty well.There's some trails on the Tenn. side that are'nt too rough,but,still good enough to be fun.

4. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Good to hear from you again. Looking forward to riding w/ you againg. Yes, I'll be there.

5. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

I haven't had much time for anything this last year except work.Only been home about a month total since June 03.Looked for CK5ers at Wheelin in the Country on Jan.1/04.I'm not planning to stay away so long this time.I guess the good part is that I didn't have time to tear up a bunch of stuff.Got to work enuf to go to Tellico and I'm plannng to take my truck on the Hot Rod Power Tour this year.There wasn't a single off road 4x4 there last year so mine should get a little notice{mabey a pic in the mag}.It starts in Dallas Tx and ends in Green Bay Wis.this year.Lots of road miles,but,I'll find some mud before it's over.I'm stuck in Atlanta{Pilot at exit 12}till mon. eve waiting on delivery time so I'm wearing out some free net time.I'll be glad to get home for a while{Feb 20}to work on the rig,fix the puter agin,and play some.The wifes almost got her years drive time in and she's going to hunt for a local job so she can help with the grandkids{1 1/2 and another on the way}.Hope to see lots lots of K5s in Tellico this year and hope to see some of you when the Power Tour comes through your towns in June. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

Hey your back glade to hear it b/c some ppl are doing some sfa swaps and could prob use some of your advice Retroblazer is one of them he has put up some post about it. Good to see your back on here i got my truck going agin both front hubs blew up threw some new ones on. Just need new idler arm and master cylinder. What are the dates for tellico crawl? so ill go ahead and try to get those days off.

7. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

I'll be there Apr.22 or23 and usually try to stay about 10-12 days.I'll be camping again,prob. somewhere around the state line this year.I know some people from Mich. and N.J. who come down about then and enjoy running the big truck with their Jeeps.