Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tellico K5 Run 2001

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Depdog, Nov 12, 2000.

1. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

O.k. trying to get an idea on who might want to go on a Tellico Run in 2001, also want some input on a good DATE. No I repeat NO Holiday weekends. That was a major mistake I made last year. Grim any ideas?

Last year it was Me, Grim, BigJbear, Keith, and Rob (one of Grim's club buds he has a very nicely setup K-10, 72 model I think it was)

Anyway, I am looking for input on a good weekend to go and how many people are interested in going. I want to run some of the Harder trails this year, if we have enough interest maybe we could have 2 groups, one for the harder trials and one to do the more mild ones (are there any?)

If you have never been to this area to 4x4, be advised that there is a high likely hood of body damage, I dont mean Mangleed (that can happen on the nasty trails) I mean small dents, broken lights and mirrors, BUSH PINSTRIPES are a Deffinate. Last year Jim got a drivers mirror and door, plus his rear E/Z Locker. I got the right side of my K-5 some new dents (thanks to an [censored] from Illinois, I told him it would not fit).

Please add to this post if you are interested and with your ideas on a weekend to go and anything else that might improve on this run.

Thanks
    Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

http://depdogsk5.coloradok5.com

2. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

This has the potential to be a great run. Last year just a few came which was still fun but I expected more. Everyone is eager to show off there rigs and talk the talk . Well come show us what your blazer can do. We gaurantee you will have fun!

79 Blazer 6"lift 35's locked/4:56

3. titanic

titanic 1/2 ton status

Hey Dep, I'm a long K-5,can I crash the party? I don't get to ride with my kind very often.

4. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Dep,

I want to attend. I think we should coordinate and schedule my Spring Fling here in Missouri and your run at different times. This way some of the people will have a chance to attend both runs. (IE. "You" [​IMG]) I will have the K5 ready to ROCK by winter. Keep me posted

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.coloradoK5.com</font color=blue>

5. Count me in!!!I should have every thing ready by then.Just give me a date so I can get friday off.

IF IT AINT BIG IT AINT BAD!!!!!!

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

DUDE I"M THERE! Uhhh lets hope we miss the rain this year too LOL. I'll look at some dates and see if I can find a weekend without another big event or a holiday falling on it today. Late April early May is good for nice weather (as in warm enough to run no tops).

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

7. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

I would like to come. For me, it would be better that we do it sometime mid summer. (July or so). B/c that is when I'll have the Blazer ready (axle swaps and all). Spring time (May/June) is when I'll begin the work. Keep me posted though. Thanks
    Boss
    http://www.boss.coloradok5.com

[​IMG]

8. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Iam interested,not sure if I will make it since I dont have a tow vehicle yet,but I am interested!!!

Late June and all of July is bad for me...

Manm I want to come down and wheel with you guys!!!

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

9. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Ok looking at the calander I see 3 weekends in April and May I could make it.
    April 13-15th
    27-29
    May 11-13th
    May 25-27th is Memorial day weekend where the park will be packed. My thought is the 11-13 might be the best because everybody may stay home in anticipation for the memorial day weekend. I Will take a look at some event scheduals in the mags and see if any big events are going on those weekends.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

10. Depdog

Sounds good Grim, I will look as well and see if I come across any.

Depdog

11. Depdog

Oh hell yes, you are more than welcome. Heck depending on how many show, if any of your Tellico Experienced club buds want to come to possibly be a trail guide they are more than welcome to.

Thanks
    Depdog

12. Depdog

O.k. looks to be a Spring run again, the summer is way to hot and muggy up there, the humidity would be a killer, not to mention its prime time for the a.t.v. crowd. I dont mind the a.t.v. crowd, but the DUMB ones are really a pain and can be hazardous to my K5 and their health.

May seems like a good month and the weekend that Grim suggests should be perfect, right before Memorial day

May 11,12, and 13th.

O.k. folks let me know.

Depdog

13. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

I'm planning on being in. Hoping to have the lift and tires all assembled by then.

Don't you buy no ugly truck!

14. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Well I really wish I could go, I live in Raleigh, NC, just a few hours away, however when you mentioned you will get body damage, I kind of counted my self out. I can't bear to mess up my perfect body and my new paint job. Will I definitely mess up things on the easier trails? my K5 has 31" tires right now but maybe by then I will have my 33" BFG muds and 4" lift. I also maybe could round up friends from school one w/ a K5 w/ 35s and 6" lift and another w/ 32" tires and no lift. Neither of them really wants to cause any bad body damage either. I wish I could go though.

Dawson
    88 K5

15. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Depdog,
    Keep me informed of the progress. I'm definitely interested in going and hopefully I'll actually be able to get away and come join you guys.

16. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Man I'd sure like to go and if my ducks line up properly it may be a possibility. Should have a tow rig by then and a running blazer...as of now all weekends are free for me. I can't even plan 2 weeks in advance. Sounds Like fun though. Where is Tellico, NC or Georgia??? Always wanted to see the deep south anyways.

Bryan

[​IMG]

17. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Look up Telico, NC on your search engine and there are several pages about the trails and camping info. The trails are even rated and gives discriptions of each one. They also have a nice map.

18. Depdog

On the easy trails there is a chance you can get body damage, I cant tell you that you wont, depends on you vehicle, how you drive, spotting, and the WEATHER, if it rains, then the easy trails become HARD ones and the HARD ones become INSAYNE HARD.

Depdog

19. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Dep your scaring everone away. There not that bad. I stock Z71 was on trail 5 remember. hehe

20. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Is a stock K5 with a 6.2 Diesel able to do these things? I know I would be killing everyone with the Diesel smoke[​IMG]. Does the Diesel work for of road or is my Diesel more the light duty off road type? Any ideas helpful...

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    http://SK-15.coloradok5.com