Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tellico K5 run May 10th-12th?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CCRider, Jan 26, 2002.

1. CCRider

CCRider 1/2 ton status

Just wondering if there is anyone out there planning to go to Tellico May 10th-12th? Looking for people to go with , possibly organize something , I know someone planned this run on this weekend last year , but they haven't done anything this year yet. Let me know guys and gals!!!! Thanx CC

1991 Fullsize 5 1/2"lift, 37"ssr's,10Bolt8 lug , 14Bolt ff, 4:88 Detroit rear, 12"fr. 14"r Bilstein remote res.350 P.F.I , 700r4 , 241c W/ sye

2. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Yes several of us usually go about that time. I will go!

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.keith.rockcrawler.com>www.keith.rockcrawler.com</a>

3. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

If I get the rest of the stuff done to rig I'll will be there. Might be there anyway and just try some simplier trails.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

4. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

OH MAN!! i have a field excercise during that time. (unless i get recycled-hehehe--which would mean i go with the next class in july)

kieth- i may be in savannah from 8 mar-5 april....i will be driving the truck, so maybe we can get together on one of those weekends.

350 TBI, 700R-4, NP241, D44-14FF, 4:10's, 38.5 TSL/SX's, full conv., full cage
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.yeild2me.rockcrawler.com>www.yeild2me.rockcrawler.com</a>

5. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Yea maybe we could meet in my hometown and go to the Boggin.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.keith.rockcrawler.com>www.keith.rockcrawler.com</a>

6. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Keith has to get that hunk running first.

Depdog

<font color=blue>Weenie K5, little mods' Small Tires!</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://depdogsk5.coloradok5.com>depdogsk5.coloradok5.com</a>

7. CCRider

CCRider 1/2 ton status

TTT

1991 Fullsize 5 1/2"lift, 37"ssr's,10Bolt8 lug , 14Bolt ff, 4:88 Detroit rear, 12"fr. 14"r Bilstein remote res.350 P.F.I , 700r4 , 241c W/ sye

8. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Come get this engine Keith! Running out of space!
    Hope to make some time VERY soon to drop that 12 bolt off to you Dep.
    I may be up for a ride in may. ftn96 is dropping off some Rockcrawler wheels to me today. Should have the cash together for my 35's in a couple weeks. Hope to have some other work done in the next month and I sould be ready to go.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

9. Depdog

Aint no problem on the 12 bolt grim, take yer time.

I got yer email in regeards to the Dixie pics, I had to reformat the puter and I will upload them to a site soon and send you the link.

Depdog

<a target="_blank" href=http://depdogsk5.coloradok5.com>depdogsk5.coloradok5.com</a>

10. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

hotrodk5 &amp; muddevils both have someting up on the trails page. Muddevils is more of a deal with his club and hotrodk5 was looking at a place in TN, though. Anyone up for a new spot this year? I was thinking Windrock www.tellicok5.rockcrawler.com

11. Grim-Reaper

You did see what happend to my truck comming down the back side of Gardrail right? hahaha I haven't seen school bus (the other way down) But Backside of 11 is VERY K5 unfriendly. Now School bus I hear is one boulder after another. Going down The rail is a no no without a winch cable tied to your butt to lower you down.

75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

12. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Im in TN right down the way from hotrodk5. Im thinking he's probably talking about a place in summertown Tn. They had a big ride there on the 1st. Supposedly 700 peeps showed up. I think the website for the place is www.wheelinginthe country.com Supposed to have a little bit of everything. I haven't been there yet. Been driving all over Atlanta looking for Grimmies house hopping I didn't get pulled over for speeding by Dep.[​IMG] Eric, made it home with flying colors after I finally got over Monteagle. Ran 75 the whole way. The old girl ran like a champ. Listen to me call the rig and old girl. [​IMG] It was nice to finally meet you in person. Wish I'da gave more notice so I could have meet all of you.
    But Im definately up for Tellico or Tn or something, But I aint goin on that trail that grimmy left half his quarter on. [​IMG]
    I'll get with the wife and work and make sure Im not expected to perform any miricales in the month of May.
    LAter!!!

**WARN**ing, Something winching this way comes to a trail near you. [​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.mccords.s5.com/myk5/index.htm>NashvilleK5</a>

13. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

I think all of trail 2 or the 5-4-8-9-8-4-5. That was fun.

14. Grim-Reaper

Yeah it was good meeting you today also. Glad you made it home safe and sound. My kid wear your kid out? haha. Wish I had half that energy!
    Well I threw one rim on and just clears. I think it's going to work out exactly as I wanted. Thanks for the killer deal on the rims. Can't wait for the 35's (might have to sneak up to Costco and get them ordered this week). I jacked up the front to 35 level...[​IMG] I like!
    Dep where did you get your wheel spacers? I'm going to need a set. How much did they set you back?

75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

15. Grim-Reaper

There is a rumor that lower 2 had some boulders moved. The biggie at the end is supose to still be there but a few others are moved.

75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

16. blazing86

blazing86 1/2 ton status

i too would be down on a trip to tellico or Tn......
    just waiting to put in a d60

17. titanic

titanic 1/2 ton status

If your thing is rocks-don't go to Summertown. I was there Jan 1st. and had fun but it's not even close to Tellico fun. Only went to drive my truck one last time before building new ride. Steve

18. CCRider

CCRider 1/2 ton status

Yeah ,that's what I had in mind !!!, Nothing to roll over on , or leave Q-panels behind , but some good hard wheelin' without MAJOR body damage . Keep the reply's comin' CC

1991 Fullsize 5 1/2"lift, 37"ssr's,10Bolt8 lug , 14Bolt ff, 4:88 Detroit rear, 12"fr. 14"r Bilstein remote res.350 P.F.I , 700r4 , 241c W/ sye <P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by CCRider on 01/27/02 09:56 PM.</FONT></P>

19. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

i might be able to make it and i might even have my lift and 36's by then. if not i'll make my weenie 31's do some work

gime a bucket of chicken with extra skin!

20. Depdog

Tellico is a ball, Keith what did Holley have to say?

I have been busy doing tons of other stuff and have not thought about the K5 run this year. Tellico still works for me, dont know of anything else close that is available. I need me some stronger ujonts for the front axles!

Depdog