Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tellico Was a Blast!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Depdog, May 29, 2000.

1. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

We'll, it ended up being a GA Tellico run, all 5 people that showed were from GA, 4 driving K-5's or Jimmy's and 1 driving a very capable 72 K-10.

Participants were Depdog(me duh, Grim-Reaper, Keith, BigJim, and Rob(with the K-10) also along were a couple of friends of mine on 4x4 a.t.v.'s they were very very helpful in scouting up the trail and in directing traffic for us.

All in all it was a pretty good weekend. It rained Friday night before we got there so we got in late and had to scrounge to find camping. Started wheeling about 8 in the morning, got in for lunch around 2:30 in the afternoon and then right back out and not in till 9:00 p.m. It started poaring down as we came off the trails, rained all night and into the Sunday morning, at about 9:00 in the morning we decided to pack up and leave early as we did not want to get into the trails after an all night downpoar, not to mention it was still raining.

We did trials 4,5,and 6. 4 and 6 were the morning run, then 5 to 4 and 4 to 6 for the evening run. Carnage for the trip were Rob in the 72 K-10 blew a steering u-joint whinch in turn tore the ears off of both inner and outer axle's on the passenger side, that was on trail 4 after having to unstuck a very wedged Grim on a good rock ledge on Fains Fjord. Had to tie my K-5 and Rob's K-10 together to get him out. Then on the 2nd run BigJim blew out his E-Z locker on trial 5, did not really have a problem till he started home on Sun. We found him in town and took off the rear shaft and put a cup on the tailhousing, limped it home on the front axle. Both BigJim and I got some trail rash but it was from other vehicles (mostly from an IDIOT in a Toyota 4Runner from Illinois, some assholes can't listen, but there were to many witness's to just shoot him).

Keith was rockin for being his first time out, he took spotting very well and listened and walked the obsticles with the lines he was given. Only thing he needs to work on is easing down off an obsticle, that stout rear bumper he has came in useful as a rock buster! Just pokin at ya Keith, you did awesome.

We did not get to many pics, but did get about an hour of video. Going to try to get the software to take stills off of the video.

We'll got lots to do, so I will post some details later.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

2. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    I don't know what sucks more... You guys, or the damn military...

Hopefully in the fall. I guess 6mo. of advance knowledge of me wanting the weekend off wasn't enough...

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=red>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties
    http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

3. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Depgog hit right on the money. It was a blast, I'd ride with those guys again in a second. I just want to say thanks to Depdog for the outstanding job he did spoting. It made the day much more fun. Jim

BigJBear '80 GMC

4. Eric78K5

Eric78K5 1/2 ton status

I'm jealous! I live right nearby, but didn't have a chance to go, and my blazer might be road worthy, but it's not trail worthy yet...and neither are my skills at fixing it if it breaks!

5. mike race

mike race 1/2 ton status

do you have the video digitized. Do you have a high speed internet access, let me know, upload it to my server. I'll e-mail you the address if you like

fix'n finally

6. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

You listen well and follow directions, it was my pleasure. Your K-5 and you did very well, even with the open front, we almost got you though it without any damage, almost forgor about the mirror and door on rocker panel tree!

Have you been able to get the ez locker out yet?

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

7. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

man I wish we could have went. I really want to get down to Tellico o run those trails. Iguess it was good that I didn't go though, my 305 is just about on its last leg. Time to drop in that 350 in my garage!

Hopefully we can make it next time Glenn!

Mike
    82 GMC Jimmy "Emmett" "Built for function, not for beauty!"
    IN TOO DEEP Off-Road Club

8. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

No luck on getting it out,yet. But I talked to a friend of mine at work today and he gave me some tips on how he got his out. It was in an AMC Model 20 rear but I dont think that matters. Jim.

BigJBear '80 GMC