Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tellico

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by 79Stomper, May 24, 2006.

1. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

So I was talking with Dontoe last night and he brought up the idea of doing a Tellico run sometime this summer. I am rig less but I will be willing to do it just about any weekend any of the others want to get together. With me being rig less I am willing to throw someones rig on my trailer and head that way or could pull it up there in case of any bad carnage and unable to get back home on its own. Lets start to post up some dates when your available and just go for a weekend and do the camp and wheel thing. Thi stime it WILL be warm and not snowing when you all make it up there.

James

2. sarasotausmc

sarasotausmc 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm up for it. Schedule is tight, I travel alot. Post the dates, and I'll schedule around it. July/Aug is best for me.

3. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Mid July is what I'm thinking............

4. CB77GMC

CB77GMC 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hmmm 79stomper I may take you up on trailer offer. My truck and that long of a drive would be rough. July/August would be cool.

5. Bushwhacker

Bushwhacker 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I hoped to make it back to Tellico this year but we have a run in West Va scheduled for June 29th, 30th and July 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Doubt I can do 2 long hauls back to back. Maybe later in the year for me:(

Clay

6. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Im definitely going to go to Tellico sometime soon, but I want to get my cage in first. I dont really feel safe to go to tellico without a cage. Whenever I get enough money to pay someone to weld it in, then ill go. I still have some things to adjust on my engine, since the computer doesnt like the headers and intake...so its not running perfect yet either...so.....
    -Harrison

7. 79Stomper

Just let me know. I would be more than happy to take it out there and have you all ride along. More than likely it will just beme coming until I get another one built.

8. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sounds good, I wanted to hit URE before I do anything that far away just to check the stuff that happened this winter. But I am leaving in August so it would have to be in July, one run to URE in June and then tellico in July:dunno:

9. 79Stomper

So lets look at the dates of around the 14th or so. 14th being a travel day and 15th and morning of 16th wheeling days?

10. dontoe

That or the next weekend sounds fine.

If anyone wants to camp at my Sister's place in Andrews (10 miles East of Murphy), y'all are welcome to. She has a well kept, guest house (AKA mobile home) in the edge of the woods, next to an icy stream. If y'all wanna use it for showers/cooking, that's fine. I'm going up in the next week or two to visit, canoe and fish. While I'm there, I'll check with my Cousin, Ricky Stiles, whose Dad owns most of the valley between Andrews and Murphy. We put in our canoes on his property that runs along the Valley River. Be a little closer to Tellico; though no hot showers, just a dip in the river! Anyway, my Brother-in-law, James is a former Marine and would welcome y'all there.

No problem if y'all stay other places either! There are great campgrounds nearer Tellico and some fair priced motels nearby and in Murphy.

[​IMG]

11. CB77GMC

Gluches 4x4 is that weekend :confused:

12. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

I talked to some people about gluches, I'd much rather go to tellico:D

13. CB77GMC

Hmmmm OK, Tellico it is:D
    When we goin:confused: :D

Are we setting date for july 14 - 16 ??

Last edited: May 28, 2006
  14. dontoe

Signed up for vacation on the 14th,15th and 16th July, today................:wink1:

15. Bushwhacker

So its July 14th, 15th and 16th for the Tellico trip?? Hmmmm.....I am thinkin hard about saying screw the West Va wheeling trip and do the Tellico trip instead. It will give me a couple more weeks to get the K5 ready too. Hmmm:thinking: :thinking:
    Where is everyone planning on staying?

Clay

16. 79Stomper

Right now I am assuming the dates are going to be good with everyone. Should be far enough in advance that everyone can ask for time off or plan accordingly.

Anyone else have any other ideas about the time frame and such while up there?

17. dontoe

This much in advance, I can still change the vacation time..............but only for a week or so as they'll make me take it the Fourth otherwise................

18. Bushwhacker

I am seriously considering the Tellico trip instead of WVa. I looked at Crawfords, and being its that close to the trails and stuff, seems like a good place to camp. Rates aren't bad. What places do the rest of you have in mind to camp??

Clay

19. CB77GMC

Hmmmm.... Yea James where we camping ?:rolleyes:
    Also like to reserve trailer too:D

20. 79Stomper

I know Donald had mentioned something about some of his family up in the area and possibly staying there. Was going to wait and hear back from him but if you all want to stay at Crawfords, I can call and reserve us a spot and maybe get a group discount or something. I know John stayed at one of the Cabins they have up there and said it was quite nice if I recall correctly.

Trailer is reserved for you as of now. If you hear me saying anything about redoing it then just kindly remind me so I can have it put back together in time.