Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Temp Gauge Disconnected??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 89K5, Oct 11, 2000.

1. 89K5

89K5 1/2 ton status

Last night I changed my spark plugs and O2 sensor. This morning I noticed that the needle on my temp gauge didn't move. The light worked but not the needle. I see a green wire laying across the top of my engine to the drivers side. Is this the wire? If so, where does it connect? If not, where is the connection? Thanks

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

There should be a sensor ont he drivers side head right above #2 and #4 plugs.... It should have a small flat metal connector piece poking out of it. The green wire should have a rubber cover plug on the end with a flat hole inthe center for the sensor to plug into.

HTH

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

3. 89K5

89K5 1/2 ton status

Thanks Emmett. I thought thats what was between the 2 and 4 plugs, but...the connector must have fallen off the sensor because I see no place to connect it. Is this connector a seperate piece that I can replace or do I have to replace the whole sensor? Does this sensor screw out easily? Can I wrap the wire around it for the connection?

4. Emmettology 101

You could either wrap the wire around it or get a female blade electrical connector. Or you could even soldier it on!

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

5. 89K5

89K5 1/2 ton status

Got it !! I was thinking it was a typical male/female connection. It slides into the side. Thanks

6. Emmettology 101