Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

temp gauge not workin

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LaxRox5, Dec 1, 2002.

1. LaxRox5

LaxRox5 Registered Member

My temperature gauge has not worked on my truck since i bought it. I was wondering where things could be going wrong. It is hooked up into the back of the gauge, so it is somewhere else, but i am not sure where the pick up is for the gauge or the path it runs /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif.

2. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

open the hood and look at the drivers side of the motor, between #1 and #3 there is a (should be there) small single green wire(it may be in a loom) it should be hooked to a small post on a small thread in sensor. if it is there and not hooked up you know what to do. if it is pluged in try cleaning the contacts, or replacing the sensor. then go for the gauge.
    let me know what happens
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Right on...good post.

Same thing happened to me. Quite a while ago I spilled some oil in that area during an oil change. Gauge didn't work, so I disconnected it, cleaned up the contact (wiped off the spilled oil), and it worked fine.

4. LaxRox5

LaxRox5 Registered Member

thanks a ton!!! i would do it right now but i dropped the burb off at the shop its gettin the rear-end fixed... schools takin up way too much time for me to have time to work on it... as soon as it gets home ill give it a try /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

5. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

kool
    let us know
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif