Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Temp gauge questions...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fortcollinsram, Nov 19, 2001.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Okay, when I bought my Blazer, I noticed that the temp gauge NEVER moved and the heat barely worked. I thought it was the thermostat opening too early...now the heat works better but the temp gauge still doesn't budge...Whats the deal..Is the gauge shot or is the sending unit malfunctioning? Let me know...Thanks for any input...
    Peace,
    Chris

1987 Blazer K5, 4" Rancho Lift, 33" BFG AT, Dual Battery setup, AND MORE TO COME [​IMG]

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I'm having the same problem with mine too. I'm gonna replace the sending unit first, and if that doesn't work, I'm gonna get an aftermarket guage so I can see what's going on until I get some guages like Solo's.

Peace and stuff [​IMG],

Muddin

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer>www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer</a>

3. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

could be either one, most likely it's the sender. find the temperature sender in the engine, be sure the wire is hooked up to the sender, if it is, remove it, turn on the ignition, and have someone watch the gauge while you touch the sender wire to ground, when you ground it the gauge needle should move, if it does the problem is with the sender, if it doesn't it is a problem with the gauge or the wiring.