Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

temp gauge

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nicotine, Jan 16, 2004.

1. nicotine

nicotine 1/2 ton status

ok my temp gauge reads normal till i start to get on it then it skips around everywere real quick and when i level off on the gas it goes back to normal and when i shut the ingnition off it pegs at hot is this something i should be concered about? i just flushed my radiator and put new stuff in and it is doing this. my main concern is why it is skiping around everywere when i get on it?

2. tarheel

tarheel Registered Member

i had the same problem with my '73. i eas going crazy trying to figure it out! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif i finally fixed by removing the guage and found that it wasn't making good contact with the circuit board. try removing the guage and cleaning the contacts - also make sure that the contacts on the circuit board are clean. might help here /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Mine went bad too. Only mine was fixed by taking new resistor off the back of another gauge. It is white with some red in between the posts on back of gauge. Never thought that thing would go bad. Also have one on gas gauge which is green/white resistor, and volt meter which is blue/white resistor.