Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Temp problems

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by RLBstein, Apr 1, 2001.

1. RLBstein

RLBstein 1/2 ton status

Jul 2, 2000
    I took the Blazer out last night and while checking the guages that I do every two minutes while driving, I noticed the temp guage was at about 220. Then it would drop down suddenly to about 190, then back up to 230, then back down and so on. I noticed when I hit the pedal and accelerated it would go down, if I took my foot off it would climb back up again. I thought at first my water pump belt was loose so I checked them and they weren't. I think it's the thermostat (even though it's brand new) opening and closeing under pressure. I've heard some people talk about a specific thermostat to use. Anyone know which is the best. It's an 82' 6.2L

85 Blazer on an 82 chassis, 6.2L Diesel, ORD flip, 35's with no cutting on a 4" lift.
  2. AgDieseler

AgDieseler Certified Scrap Producer Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Jan 25, 2001
    Everbody on thedieselpage swears by the Robert Shaw thermostats. I have a Delco 160 degree and it works great. Don't go for the parts store t-stats with the small opening. They're a waste. Kennedy Diesel, sells the Robert Shaw t-stats.

David Oliver
    '85 'burban - 6.2L J NA
    5.5"lift, 35"BFGs
    *B&B 6.2L TD and beefed T-700 coming soon*