Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Temp sender plug wire mounting location/purpose?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by afroman006, Jul 30, 2003.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I replaced the temp sender and attaching wire/plug on my burb becasue my temp gauge isnt working. The wire/plug that came off the burb was burned and broken and had one wire. The new one has 2 wires on it. One connects to the wiring harness on the engine but where does the other one go? Which one connects to the harness? I put the one I assumed to be the correct one onto the harness wire and grounded the other one but the guage still doesnt work. So, what am I doing wrong? Thx

2. Mastiff

Mastiff 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I replaced the temp sender and attaching wire/plug on my burb becasue my temp gauge isnt working. The wire/plug that came off the burb was burned and broken and had one wire. The new one has 2 wires on it. One connects to the wiring harness on the engine but where does the other one go? Which one connects to the harness? I put the one I assumed to be the correct one onto the harness wire and grounded the other one but the guage still doesnt work. So, what am I doing wrong? Thx

[/ QUOTE ]

Any chance you got the wires for the computer temp sensor instead of the guage? Just a thought.

3. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

No the wire I attached it to was going to the gauge sensor when I took it off. Didnt have time to mess w/ it today but am going to try switching the wires tomorow.