Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Temp Sender Unit on 350

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by beefcake83, Oct 9, 2000.

1. beefcake83

beefcake83 1/2 ton status

I'm trying to locate and troubleshoot my temp sender on my 350 before spending $48 on a temp gauge and have it not be the problem. I think I found it... on the passenger side of the block below the exhaust manifold with a single green wire. Right now my guage pegs to the right all the way. After disconnecting the sender wire, I reset the guage to 100 and re-connected the wire. It stayed and after starting it up, I let it warm up. It steadyly moved up the guage but had a jump in it. And when I shut the engine off, it pegged back to the right and won't come back down. Is it the sender gone bad? Thanks, G

Gary Graham
    '83 GMC Jimmy 350 'Beefcake'
    Eielson AFB, Alaska
    Metallica & Mountain Dew

2. smp

smp 1/2 ton status

it sounds like it could be bad when mine was bad it gave a lazy signal after it would warm up it would only read in lower edge of the normal range all the time even when it was hot out going up steep hills and after i replaced it now it will move up or down depending on temp and driving conditions
    smp

3. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status