Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Temp Switch Part number for cooling fan

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mudzer, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Does anyone have a part number for any GM temp switch that would energize at 185°F +/- or so and de-energize at 165°F +/-?

I do not want to pay Painless or any other place over $50 for a wiring harness for my Winstar fans. They just mark it up and do what I can already do!

List a part number. I would consider any make as long as it did what I wanted.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I don't think you are going to find one from GM, and probably not from any maker. Those temps are much lower than any maker used AFAIK, the lowest you are going to find is around 195* and was used (at least) on the later Buick GN's, say 1987 or so.

Can probably find that part number by vehicle at acdelco.com

3. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Try your local parts store. They should be out in the aisle near there replacement electric fans. I got an automatic relay from there when I went to dual fans. I think I paid something like 30 bucks for the relay and the wiring setup. Also had a connection for a toggle switch in case it gets too hot for your comfort, you can just flip the switch and let it cool down.

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

There's a company out there that sells different temp switches, but I can't remember their name! :blush: They used to be called Mid-America Corvette, but they changed their name. It looks like they let their ownership of the old name expire on the web and someone else has hijacked it. :(

Does anyone remember their new name? I'm sure that I've seen the switches in their catalog.