Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

temperture gauges??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pilgrim, May 27, 2003.

1. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

So today i broke my mechanical auto meter pro-comp temp gauge sender. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. The gauge is fine but i have to send it back to auto meter to have it fixed to the tune of 30 bucks.. Not bad but maybe an eletrical gauge would work just as well and be much harder to break /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif...

Anybody like electric gauges? I've always thought mechanical ones were better but what do i know /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif..

2. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I've run Autometer electrical gauges for years now with good success. The problem you speak of is the reason I run electrical temp gauges. I do run mechanical oil pressure gauges, but I run electrical temp gauges for ease/cleanliness of install and service.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Just reading an article the other day (not sure where) about electric vs manual gauges, and the authors opinion was that electric gauges (think it was aftermarket vs aftermarket) were just as accurate as mechanical.

I don't mind my stock gauges, for being 15-20 years old, they have held up pretty good, and I've had very little issues with them, always having to do with connections and what not, normal age related stuff.