Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tempurpedic

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Jul 9, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Noted that one of you has one, didn't feel like hijacking that thread, nor do I feel like looking who has it. Do you really find it comfortable? I've laid on one a couple times and never found it comfortable. Just wondering if its something you get used to or what, never slept in one, only laid on.

2. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Thats me... It took a week to get use to, Its great we both sleep like a baby and you dont even notice when the other person or the dog moves. You sink right into it. The only time it bothers me is when I sleep wierd and dont move all night it hurts my shoulder a little. It lso came with a pillow and thats cool too, were going to have to buy antother on because we fight over it all the time.

Thats a good point also, it dosent make any noise so the kids dont hear it moving around :whistle: :ignore:

3. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

We don't have the whole bed, but we got one of those "memory foam" mattress pads, about 1 1/2" thick. Made a huge difference. Took me 2 days to get used to it; it's awesome.

4. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Was using a tempurpedic pillow, until I started using one of those new microbead pillows... now I'll never go back to any memory foam pillow... as for the matress, we need one badly... my matress sucks the big NUTZ.

5. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I've got a pillow, and i love it. Cept not that brand, the costco version :)

I've got sleep apnea, and have to wear this breathing mask thing, and it awesome cause i can sleep on my side and the pillow doesn't crush the mask.

Anyways, i reccomend the mattress pad too. A "good" girl friend of mine had one, and i loved sleeping on it.

6. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

:D :waytogo: :whistle: :saweet: :deal: :woot: :xmas:

you should be a salesman bro... could sell a million in a week with that pitch :D

And seriously when I get my house up I plan on getting a nice one. One of the expensive models. Also want one of them beadpillow things. Can't remember who made them but the pressure test I had seen on weight distribution would immensely help a good nights sleep out.

7. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

The best bed I ever had was a $5 apartment bashed up special

The hotel floor at the Red Lion in Denver is pretty good too

8. mr_blasto

mr_blasto 1/2 ton status

I so desperately wanted to point out the phrase you are referring to with a witty comment, but I guess I am a little slow :rolleyes:

I got a sweet matress once on the "semi-annual-bulky-trash-pickup-day." My brother and I went scavenging and found a keeper. And when I fractured a few vertabrae, nothing felt better than the floor of my dorm with those cheap thin carpets slapped right over the concrete.

If my ship ever comes in I am going to get one of those tempurpedics - they seem awesome. I have also though about reupholstering some car seats with that stuff instead of foam. I don't know how it would work, but it seems like it would be sweet.

9. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

They had one on display at The Sharper Image. I laid down on it and just plain never wanted to get up! It seemed to support my back and its two herniated discs very well. Also my ex has a problem with her neck and shoulder. It would always hurt like mad when she woke up. I bought her one of the Tempurpedic pillows and the pain just went away...

10. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

There's a company called Oregon Aero that makes MILLIONS doing that for aircraft seats. I sat in one for 15 minutes one time - their advertising is NOT hype! Didn't even feel like I was sitting down...

11. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

My buddy's guest bed is a tempurpedic mattress. It's great as long as you don't sleep in a weird position. The other night I ruined my shoulder on that thing.

12. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

We have one and I love it. I actually fell asleep in the showroom on it. I talked about it so much that now my in-laws, grand parents,mom, dad, uncle, and numerous others now have one too.

The only thing that sucks is going somewhere and sleeping on another type for a few days. When you get back home, you'll be sore for a day or two re-adjusting to your bed.