Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ten Thousand Fists...Again

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mikey_d05, Sep 25, 2005.

1. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Listened to it quite a bit this weekend and I'm honestly sorta dissapointed. I like the music but the lyrics are way more political than I would have expected. There are a few songs that I really like despite the political tone though.

Not that it matters but isn't deify pronounced dayify and not deeify?

Anyways, I'm still going to see 'em November 4th in the Twin Cities :saweet: Should be an awesome time.

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I think it's all you dang Minnesotans with your weird words and crazy accents...

I've always said and heard "Deefy" :D

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

uhhh you are the one who has the weird accent then Capman.

It is Dee-i-fy. He says it right in the song if my memory serves, my sister confiscated my burn copy a few weeks ago.

The CD is catchy and sucked me in but I randomly snap out of it and realize what I am listening to and it angers me.

I looked up meanings of the songs online and suppossedly Draiman claims they are not as politically motivated as people think. Yeah ****ing right.

One song is about a soldier who realizes after he is killed that he was on the wrong side of a war :mad:

Another is about a soldier needlessly killing.

And he says Deify is just about anyone that we raise on an alter these days. As I sit back and watch Disturbed fans deny the political tones of these songs because they deify David Draiman.

4. mikey_d05

Yeah, I'm pretty into the music for the music, but the lyrics to some of the songs just piss me off. It sounds like they're heading a little more mainstream which I'm not a big fan of but oh well. There's no way that anybody can deny what Deify is about. Hell, there's a voice clip of GW as an intro to the song.

Anyways, pretty decent CD if you ignore the political side of it. Hope they mostly perform their older stuff at the concert but I'm sure it'll be good either way.

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Wait a second........ There's an i in there... I was reading Defy instead of Deify.... I have no clue what Deify is, so I'll just not say it :)

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Deify, to raise to the level of a Deity(a god)

7. mikey_d05

Think RJ, new type Deity, that context.