Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ten Thousand Fists, Disturbed's new CD

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Aug 11, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Listening to it now :D

Liking it, though I'm betting some won't. So far its more like the second CD, though I only have the first 5 songs.

One issue so far, the 4th song on it is called, "Deify". It starts with news sound bytes about the government and war and such, and sound bytes of Bush. Song is about falsely deifying "someone". At least after 2 listens thats what I got out of it. This angers me a bit. David Draiman is usually more broad with his messages. In case you didn't realize it the second CD was pretty religious, but not specific, just sort of spiritual and not pushy. Coming out and saying we are deifying the president and its a mistake doesn't seem his style, but I've heard it myself. Have to find the lyrics to really figure it out, or just hear what he has to say on it.

I just don't like to sit back and relax and have someone elses political opinions sang into my head. Especially in such a catchy way

2. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I really liked Guarded and Stricken when they were released, I'll have to go pick up the CD tomorrow.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

no you won't :D

Not going to be released until September 20th :wink1:

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

*sigh* a bunch of political crap in it as far as I can understand on a first listen.

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Well I know which CD I'll be downloading instead of buying then :mad: :doah:

I'll probably buy it and at least give it a chance... Sucks if their CD is a "political statement" though... I used to love System of a Down, but I was more than happy to quit listening to Mezmerize and my other CD's by them after reading the lyrics... It's just too bad that I've already "shown my support" by purchasing the CD, the most I can do now is refuse to be seen listening to them...

I really like Disturbed, too :(

6. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Fine then, I'll just pirate it :p: