Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tension...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Sep 30, 2004.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I think we're all just tense cause we're worried about the show tonight... New Bushisms? Racing flip-floppage?

I wish I had a tivo...

2. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I set the timer on my tivo last night, and protected it so the wife couldn't stop or delete it for some worthless crap ("Charmed" or something). Can't wait, even though I'm gonna have to sit there with the wife and explain everything since she refuses to watch the news (well "E!" doesn't count in my book /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif). At least in the last few weeks I have convinced her that not only does she HAVE to vote, she needs to make a decision for herself instead of just asking me who I want her to vote for. This will be enlightening for her.

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Geez, I can barely get mine away from the news... If she's not watching/surfing national and local news, she's surfing Washington state news (she's from Puyallup). But I still have to explain politics with her sometimes, so I'm right there with ya...

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifMy wifes a political Nazi ( does that even make sense)We're being forced to watch, I heard theres a drinking game for the show, everytime Bush says nookalur or when Kerry mentions Viet Nam you drink... Something like that anyway, it was on Stern this morning...I'll drink to that.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

I totally forgot about nookyuhler!!

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

5 Viet Nam's, 1 nukular so far. I'm counting "When I was in combat"'s as Viet Nam.

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I've only watched about 10 minutes and I drank 2 beers.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I've only watched about 10 minutes and I drank 2 beers....

[/ QUOTE ]
    Pussy /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I had a 6 pack in the first 20 min. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

9. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I was deep into the vodka by the 3rd nookuler, good thing I tivoed it. Is it just me or is anyone else disappointed with W's performance? I feel let down. Then again, Kerry felt even slimier and slippier than usual, huge amounts of horsesh*t were shuffled last night. the balls on him to compliment Reagan and Bush 41. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Yeah I thought Bush appeared a little "WTF?!?" at some points... Not sure if it's his natural public speaking oddities compounded by the debate scenario, or if he was actually flustered.
    I think he did have that "I could be doing something useful" look at times, too.

Kerry was pretty slimy. Bern (mtn burb) made the observation that Bush was probably a little surprised at Kerry's ability to stand there and double speak as if he were speaking truth.
    I wouldn't call Kerry a great public speaker in this, I'd call him and Bush both acceptable. Oddly, Bush seems to carry the "This is obviously right" tone while Kerry carries the "This is right if you look at it this way, and this way". Bush was simple and hammered at his "we're doing hard work" point, Kerry was complicated and dancing around a bunch of different points (ironically while saying he'd be focused as president). I did notice Bush seemed to answer off the point of a question or two; at one point I even thought he might have given up and stopped paying attention. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Bush did have a bored look through much of it, while Kerry managed his looks well, smiling at the right times. Where he couldn't immediately verbalize a reply during Bush's time, he used facial expressions.

I still don't get Kerry's assertion that he "misspoke about the war". It's like someone told him he'd do well to admit wrong on that issue, but he can't if he wants to remove the flip-flop image, so he says he misspoke about it instead of saying he ever mis-decided on it.

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Did anybody tape it, I wanna watch it again only with whiskey this time and did anyone find the official drinking game rules.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Rule# 1: Be prepared with at least a half gallon of your liqour of choice.

Rule# 2: Start drinking at least an hour before to desensitize yourself to bullsh*t

Rule# 3: Skip the sleeping pills, Kerry's voice will do just fine

Rule# 4: Everytime a candidate answers a question with a question: drink.

Rule# 5: Everytime a dem candidate panders to the unwashed masses: drink

Rule# 6: Everytime Bush mispronounces a word (i.e. "moolahs"): drink

Rule# 7: Everytime Kerry emphasizes his correct pronunciation with a smug smile: drink

Rule# 8: If a candidate actually addresses an issue head-on: finish the bottle

Rule# 9: If you actually believe this debate means anything, you started drinking way too early.

13. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

1. done... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif