Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Teraflex revolver shackle

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigdaddy89, Jul 13, 2000.

1. bigdaddy89

bigdaddy89 1/2 ton status

I spoke with Teraflex yesturaday and was told they are producing the revolver shackle now. They say they have made it stronger than the original and it will hold more grease. The ones for the YJ will be ready in a month, but the ones made for the XJ's won't be ready until November 14th. The price on these are going to be cheaper than the original.

2. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Anybody have a guestimate on how much they will be?

89 K5 Silverado

3. bigdaddy89

rumor is that retail on them might be under $200.00. Lets hope so. As soon as hear something, I will post it.

4. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

Thats funny since Metal Made Rite is making the Revolvers for Terflex. Here's an email from Curt, the owner of MMR.
    Shawn-
    Just to let you know we are joining forces with Teraflex to manufacture the Revolvers so add's in magazines and such will start soon, if your readers and co-editors of OFF-ROAD.com wonder what is going on when they see the title Teraflex Revolver Shackles on the market they are mine and we are still doing alot of custom applications and future designs, we just needed to go to a larger company that could help us distribute and after being approached by a few companys TERA and myself are trying at this time to finish a contract. Thanks again Curt

That will be cool if the price is cheaper!

Shawn
    87 K5

5. bigdaddy89

Shawn,
    I was told that Teraflex had been talking with Curt about the rights to build these, but I don't know the exact deal they have. I am going by what Teraflex has told me about this issue. I asked if they were going to be any different, and was informed there will be slight differences. In my opinion I am not concerned with whom builds them. But I would be happy with price.

6. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

Yeah, who knows but it seems like they'll be the same. If they're stronger and cheaper then thats better yet! I don't see why it takes them so long for the XJ shackle though. The XJ is what works for the rear of our Blazers. It would be sweet to see Teraflex manufacture other upgrades for our rigs.

Shawn

7. bigdaddy89

The reason for the delay on the XJ's is because they were told those are the least popular shackle.