Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Terminated!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Skigirl, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Gray Davis, that is. News stations calling it when the polls closed. Ahnold's the new CA governor. At least until the lawsuits start.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Yep, it appears that way. I'm gonna auction off my voting stub on e-bay, how much do you think it will get? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

This state is going down hell even faster now... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Good Bye Yellow Brick Road...

5. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

GET DOWN DAVIS, GET DOWN NOW!!!!

6. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Hummm....do you think that maybe the honorable people of California (not the ones with drivers licenses that cant vote cuz they're not registered or citizens) have taken the first step and said Fu_k the career politicans?

Who were the choices? The Democrats forced Davis'es name and let Bustimonte be their best backup choice and people sure didnt want another "career" republican choice.

They choose someone they felt represented the people, not political partys or labor unions or big business. At this point it doesnt matter anymore. It is everyones responsibility now to help fix this mess the politicans have left. Hopefully the people made the right choice and things can be saved.

Just imagine, if it works here maybe the politicans elsewere will get the message they represent the majority of the people, not their friends, and the middle majority is tired of going deeper in debt paying for everything and watching it get spent on the wealthy, the lazy and non-citizens.

Going to be interesting in 20 years to read how it all turned in our childrens history books. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Hummm....do you think that maybe the honorable people of California (not the ones with drivers licenses that cant vote cuz they're not registered or citizens) have taken the first step and said Fu_k the career politicans?

Who were the choices? The Democrats forced Davis'es name and let Bustimonte be their best backup choice and people sure didnt want another "career" republican choice.

They choose someone they felt represented the people, not political partys or labor unions or big business. At this point it doesnt matter anymore. It is everyones responsibility now to help fix this mess the politicans have left. Hopefully the people made the right choice and things can be saved.

Just imagine, if it works here maybe the politicans elsewere will get the message they represent the majority of the people, not their friends, and the middle majority is tired of going deeper in debt paying for everything and watching it get spent on the wealthy, the lazy and non-citizens.

Going to be interesting in 20 years to read how it all turned in our childrens history books. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Either that or people are stupid and voted for the popular guy that knows nothing about what goes on in Sacramento. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

8. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Oh, yea... I kept mine. We oughta try it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Either that or people are stupid and voted for the popular guy that knows nothing about what goes on in Sacramento.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, The only good thing is he is going to repiel the registration tax..

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Either that or people are stupid and voted for the popular guy that knows nothing about what goes on in Sacramento.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, The only good thing is he is going to repiel the registration tax..

[/ QUOTE ]

We need to urg restraint in this time of great change in the state. We must adopt a "wait and see" attitude towards the future governor of the state.

Now with that being said, there needs to be a fawking revolution within the Republican Party. This bullcrap of running people on name recognition alone has to stop and there needs to be a group of people who can grab their sacks and take charge.............. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

11. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    This state is going down hell even faster now... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the bright side....

At least there'll never be a "groping" tax. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Marv

12. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

It cracks me up when I think that Conan The Barbarian is the Governor of California.

[​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Now with that being said, there needs to be a fawking revolution within the Republican Party. This bullcrap of running people on name recognition alone has to stop and there needs to be a group of people who can grab their sacks and take charge...

[/ QUOTE ]

The republicians have done very well running on name recoginition......... Ever hear of Ronald Reagan /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif
    [​IMG]

As as I recall...... The last time CalIfornia had an actor for a governor they did quite well...... Gosh who was that?........ My, my. It was Ronald Reagan /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif again
    I believe you guys now have a "Take Charge" Man taking over the governors office. If the stupid liberal democrats will get out of his way and he can do what he says he will. Your state will be able to get back on its feet again.
    This will be good for CalIfornia but bad for Nevada.
    We have been welcoming all the busineses that have been flocking here since Davis was elected. If big Arnold can reverse that trend Nevada's screwed.
    I wish someone would recall our stupid Governor

14. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Either that or people are stupid and voted for the popular guy that knows nothing about what goes on in Sacramento. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

People need to realize its not ONLY the Gov or Pres that makes all the decesions and laws... the Reps and Senators have more say then people want/do believe.. if we put as much effort into who we elect as the governing body as we do the Gov/Pres we COULD make a change/difference in the way this country and our states are ran...
    Thats my .02...

15. 88Silverado

Cracks me up to think we had a Hollywood Cowboy as President
    [​IMG]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you honestly say the people currently in Sacramento (and I'll go as far as the White House) know whats going on or know how to run a state or even a country ?

[ QUOTE ]
    We need to urg restraint in this time of great change in the state. We must adopt a "wait and see" attitude towards the future governor of the state.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Dang Bubba....I cant believe you actually posted that /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    You are right, at this point, only time will tell.

[ QUOTE ]
    People need to realize its not ONLY the Gov or Pres that makes all the decesions and laws... the Reps and Senators have more say then people want/do believe.. if we put as much effort into who we elect as the governing body as we do the Gov/Pres we COULD make a change/difference in the way this country and our states are ran...

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent point /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It is everyones responsibility now to help fix this mess the politicans have left

[/ QUOTE ]

Only way to fix california would be to.... Bubba, you can finish my sentence for me. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

17. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Here's our next governer, hobnobbing with the president.

[​IMG]

18. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Shaggy, that's a riot! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. 88Silverado

Hey!!! Thats Mayor McCheese /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

20. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

there wont be any significant recalls or lawsuits against Swartz... the demos would love nothing more than to do it, but if it backfires and as a result GW wins CA in 2004 they would have fawked themselves. Dems are idiots, but they arent THAT dumb.

j