Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Termostat housing tube

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by BelAir, Nov 12, 2002.

1. BelAir

BelAir Registered Member

Hi. I am installing a 1983 6,2 diesel engine in a 1959 Chevy Biscayne. Since all the donorengines here in Norway comes from vans, the thermostat house neck sticks up into the air, and I am afraid it will not clear my hood. From the Haynes diesel manual I see pictures of another type of housing where the termostat neck points down towards drivers side. Is that kind of tube hard to find? What will it cost?

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

You have to check in Norway, I am sure here it is and it doesn't cost much.
    I don't know because I have it in a VAN /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. arveetek

arveetek 1/2 ton status

It's actually called a crossover pipe, and yes, the truck models point straight out towards the radiator, instead of up like the vans. Have you tried using the van radiator hose? I would think that the air cleaner would be in the way long before the thermostat housing would.

You can get a crossover pipe from a dealer, or check with The Diesel Depot.

Casey

4. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

I think I have one lying around, might cost to much to ship. If you cant find one let me know.