Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Terra flex hydro assist?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rampage, Nov 30, 2001.

1. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

First off I know very little about hydraulic assisted steering so forgive me if these questions seem basic. First of all, their ad says it's for D60 but will it work on any axle? What are the advantages/disadvantages of this setup? Would this be safe for a daily driver? I thought that hydraulic steering had a slower response than a gear drive box, so how would this effect street manners? Also, since the steering force is applied from the axle tube to the tie rod wouldn't this alleviate the need for the ORD steering brace since there isn't any force on the steering box? Does any one have this setup installed yet and if so what kind of feedback can you give. TIA

2. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

TTT ... anyone?

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

My buddies brother has a 76 F*rd F-250. It has a hydrolic assist steering setup from the factory, so it must be ok for street driving. He's had all kinds of problems with it, but he beats it up alot. Also its a F*rd so what do you expect.[​IMG] Thats all I know about hydro steering, sorry, but hope it helps a little.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

4. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Do a search on hydro assist steering, tons of info and terraflex is something different all together, they are most know for high-pinion axles.

Steve

Director of Global Expansion