Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Test Drive- Complete

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 79Stomper, Jan 10, 2005.

1. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Well took the Stomper out on a test drive today. Some things I noted.

- Takes the tires time to warm up
    - Had a slight wobble once then it went away just as I was starting
    - 40's beadlocked balance pretty good with no weights. Need to balance, thinking equal.
    - new 40's are really loud..... old 35's would whisper to you but these things YELL
    - Need to lengthen the front shaft and have 0 rates milled with 6 or so degrees angle-shaft is pulled temporarily
    - Remove spare doors from the back of truck. Rattling drove me crazy
    - locker scared me a little on first turn when the tire chirped, thought I gave it too much gas there for a minute.
    - Brakes are really touchy and easy to lock up. Scared the $#!& out of the little ricer in front of me when they locked
    - Trim fenders for more articulation.
    - I still get the stares...........

Stay tuned. next month going to pull the motor, go through it and add some MPFI and a new cam.

Note to self. Don't drive over to other members house when wrenching on their trucks. THEY GET A LITTLE MAD........

Pic, just to show it off again......

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2005
  2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

awesome glad to hear ya got it on the road, now go wheel it and have some fun :)

3. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

i still love the urban camo lmao its lookin good hope it performs above your expectations

4. rerun93

rerun93 Registered Member

that thing looks bad ass. iam thinkin of just paintin mine just that camo green

5. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Glad to hear things are going so good!! The truck looks really beefy with the 40's, secksy!

What brand of MPFI are you going with?

6. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

That truck has come a long way! Good work.

7. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

one word to describe that truck.. badass

8. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Saaweet :saweet:

9. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

sweet!

Awesome! I love the Digital Woodland Camo paint job! :D

10. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I wanna know where everyone gets the huge ORD stickers???? I didn't get any stickers when I ordered my schackles

11. 79Stomper

The boss just approved the money for the fuel Injection. I am going to go with the Edelbrock set up. The Edelbrock MPFI, Performer, Speed Density set up. Going to cost a good bit of money up front but I believe it will be worth it. I thought about going a TPI set up off of an older Camaro/Firebird but have settled on this setup due to completeness.

Link http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=1516&prmenbr=361

Thanks for all of the comments guys. Actually if you ask ORD for a sticker whenever you order they will throw one on your box when you order. It could be the size of order with them. I have spent a good deal of money with them the past year. My first one was given to me by a buddy because he didn't like the tan and well it went great with my truck.

12. nvrenuf

Man, you suck! I have been looking at the Howell TBI stuff for a while but recently I started drooling of the Edelbrock MPFI kit. I've been meaning to make a post in the ORD forum asking Stephen about his. :thinking: I'm going to have to figure out a way to convince my boss I need it. :D

Santa Claus got me a couple of stickers and a hat too. :xmas: :woot:

13. 79Stomper

After the last outing the wife kind of got sick of the truck stalling on the hills and rocks so gave the approval yesterday for it along with some engine mods. Granted that will be my only upgrade this year so the doubler will have to wait until I get back from the war. But plan on ordering all of my parts while I am gone. Should be back in your neck of the woods when it is time to drop in the doubler so might be calling yo for some assistance with that.

14. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Got down sat on a bench!!!!!! Now say that to yourself really loud and fast in front of other people and see what they think you say. Man I'll be glad when this copper job gets here so I can get my EFI setup for the "HOG"! But lookin good James you've come along way(and lots of $$) I remember the ole
    S-10 and Deer slayer (insert tear) and now look at you, your all grown up.

15. 79Stomper

Yeah I still talk about the deer slayer. Wish I never would have sold her now, but was young and not making alot of money so couldn't afford the gas and the upkeep. Hell never wish I would have sold the S-10 either. Great little truck and would be a great DD now instead of the Cherokee. Would have been a PITA to get it from CA to NC though.

16. nvrenuf

When you going to the war? How long?

Give me a call! Hopefully, I'll be putting my Doubler in around late Feb so we'll have any assembly bugs worked out.

Hopefully, my wife can be off to go to Tellico and she'll hate my carb too. :thinking: :rotfl:

17. 79Stomper

Planning a test run to URE late March (whenever it opens)to work the bugs out and get ready for the Tellico run. Should be back in Alabama in October of 2006. Not sure where yet, just depends on where the money is taking me right now.

18. nvrenuf

You're shooting for the Montgomery area, aren't you? Or is there a chance you'll be down my way?

19. 79Stomper

Montgomery, Auburn, Mobile, Birmingham, Huntsville. Have land just out side of Montgomery that I want to build on so shooting for there. There is a comapny in Auburn that I work with here, out of Auburn, and would like to get a job with them. it all just depends on who has the better offer at the time.

20. nvrenuf

Sounds good! We can get together and play in Gardendale and Gray Rock, they're both great places. Have you heard of CAOS? It's a decent sized club up in that area. www.caos4x4.com

Now... get of the computer and go take some pics of that thing on the trail! You know Fox is going to want an action pic for the GMOTM. ;)