Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Test drive...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MaxCrack, Jul 8, 2002.

1. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

I still have no shocks, but it's not tooooo bad with the cross over steering. So I couldn't wait to go wheelin' and I had a 4 day weekend. So I drove 3 hours to Bass Lake (about 20 miles south of Yosemite) to my parents cabin. And took it wheelin. It kicked ass. It was alittle bouncy but easily tolerable. Got a good flex pic. Unfortunately, The muffle broke loose and was resting on the breakline in the back. It was a rubber line and now it is two, if you know what I mean. I got to my buddies place with out too much drama. And (dumbass) I left the camera in the truck. So no pics until next week. I was very happy with it until I could not stop very well.

2. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

So you need the braided stainless line, right? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

Yes. Actually I need a custom jobber. The split on the rear 70 is on the left side. The Brake line comes off the frame on the right side. I have a stainless line coming from the truck, and then a rubber line from there to the axle. I was planning on eventually getting a long single braided line, now I kinda have to. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif