Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Test drove the 87 Blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by InSearchofAk5, Aug 24, 2001.

1. InSearchofAk5

InSearchofAk5 Registered Member

For all of you who aways ask what part of the country im at and it makes a huge diff in price. Then I live in south texas.
    Anyway It has a manny tranny. It goes Low-1-2-3-R
    Thats weird I've never seen a shift pattern like that
    He has a cd payer, amp, equalizer, 4 speakers, alarm. Its manual windows and back window. Umm, rebuilt clutch, AC, etc. Well taken care of. He has 11 rancho rs 5000's. He has a single steering stabalizer, 2 on each front wheel and 3 in each rear wheel. ON the back wheel its like one of the shocks on each side is horizontal to keep axle hop down or something. Anyway hes selling for 5500 and he said hed go down to 4500 but his dad wont let him sell it for less (i know the guy)
    He has a 6" susp lift and 5 35" BFG mud terains
    Umm reupholsterd seats, instead of carpet he has this plastic rubber stuff thats pretty cool. It's a 350V8 and has a aftermarket tach w/ shift lite on it. It's pretty nice condiditon , it has the rust proof spray on it. And the body is pratically rust free. I couldnt find any except for above the wheel on the inside of the fender a little bit. I think hell give me the 40k lb tow strap he has too cuz hes going off to college and he is getting a car thats better on gas. It's prolly crapy on gas cuz it has stock gears (he thinks) The guy before him who owned it did the lift and stuff. tell me what you guys think!
    Thanks
    oh btw i droveit all crappy lol so i have to get used to it, but is the SM465 pattern like this?

L 2
    |-|-|
    1 3 R

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

that's the shift pattern.

sounds like a deal to me!

It's been lovely, but I have to scream now.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer/>http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer/</a>

3. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

I'd lose one shoxk at each corner, but other than that it sounds good. That's one vertical shock. Keep the kicker (horizontal) shocks on the back. They can be helpful off-road. It also will not be that bad on gas, since the late 80s trucks had ridiculously tall (numerically low) gears specifically to help with on-road gas mileage. Good luck.

Email: littlepig@keepandbeararms.com

4. InSearchofAk5

InSearchofAk5 Registered Member

Ok cool. Why loose a vertical shock?
    Whats wrong w/ 2 vert ones j/w?
    Also it coems w/ manual warn hubs.
    I thought it had numerically high gears like 6.55 for first??

Ohh it was alos pretty bouncy, prolly cuz the 6inch lift??

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by InSearchofAk5 on 08/24/01 03:49 PM.</FONT></P>