Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

testing...1,2,3

Discussion in 'The Test Lab' started by fwdjunky, Jun 28, 2004.

1. fwdjunky

fwdjunky 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

2. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

nice rig /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. fwdjunky

fwdjunky 1/2 ton status

Thanks! I killed it Saturday on that trip, broke an SM465, an NP205 or both (90 weight pouring out from in between after setting it down on the t-case HARD. Bent the rear drive shaft, and if you look real close you can see the front frame horns have been bent to the side but my stupid friggin tow hooks. Oh well, just a good excuse to upgrade!!! Here's a pic of the killer rock, I actually broke it farther to the left (closer in the pic),what your seeing is the easy route. Didn't make that either.

[​IMG]

4. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

you might have broke the adapter between the trans and transfercase......

5. fwdjunky

fwdjunky 1/2 ton status

I was wondering about that, but was thinking both the front of the t-case and the rear of the tranny were sealed. I hope your right, although running for about 20 miles with the bad driveshaft seems to have trashed the rear output bearings of the 205 anyway, lots of slop there now. The good news is I have another one of each sitting in the garage. Trying to piece together a doubler since I have to tear it all down anyway.

6. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I've always wanted to ask, fwdjunky. Why are you a "Front Wheel Drive" Junky?

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif[darn] I'm funny!

7. fwdjunky

fwdjunky 1/2 ton status

cuz 4wdjunky was already taken. Also, about a billion years ago there was a truck company called "FWD" for four wheel drive, that's all they built. I had an uncle who was sort of a collector of those.

Funny you should mention the front wheel drive thing though, after beating the piss out of everything for 20 miles with a bent rear drive shaft, I pulled the rear out and drove another 60 miles home with a welded front axle and only the right hub locked in. Had to come through a canyon on the west side of Colorado Springs that way. Was the scariest 90 minutes behind a steering wheel I've ever spent.

8. mrk5

So I bet your not really going to become a frontwheeldrivejunky anytime soon after that experience, huh? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9. fwdjunky

fwdjunky 1/2 ton status

WHOAH!! You're in Ault Colorado?? I grew up in Nunn, another FIIIIINE graduate of highland High! How's things up home??

10. mrk5

We've actually only been living here 3years, just two blocks up from the post office.

I grew up in Northeastern Colorado, Holyoke to be exact. Our shop is in Greeley. We lived out east for 4 years and I wanted to live in a small town again, so we picked Ault.

Some new houses have been built here. There are a ton in Eaton. And Greeley and Evans have a ton of new houses. This is really turning into a huge bedroom community.