Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

testing fuel pressure ***updated***

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by yunit, Apr 2, 2002.

1. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Ok, here is the story. I was having problems with the truck when coming off of idle, it would bogg down and sometimes stall. I replaced the TP sensor; no good. I changed the fuel filter; no good. My cousin tells me to unplug the vacuum line on the EGR valve, and wallah she is as good as new. So what I did was plug the vacuum line for the EGR valve and capped the EGR valve and she runs beautiful. I will replace the EGR valve in 2 years when it is time for inspection. Later.

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Re: testing fuel pressure

I am not sure if TBI has a Shrader valve like TPI fuel rails do, but if so, you screw it on to the valve - TIGHT. On TPI, you also remove the vacuum hose that goes to the regulator to check the psi.

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Re: testing fuel pressure

There isn't a Schrader valve on TBI systems. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif GM says to plumb in a temporary gauge in the fuel line, at the fuel filter, underneath the truck. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif I've seen a gauge with an adapter that connects right at the throttle body at the local Pep Boys, but they wanted $70 or so for it. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif