Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

testing my junk

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bajaviking, Feb 15, 2007.

1. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

A couple of pics from last Saturday, just testing my junk after clocking the transfer, putting in the gears and bobbing the rear.

front-lift.jpg

tom-spin.jpg

twist-2.jpg

wall-2.jpg

2. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

What did you use for your drag link? Looks like the tie rod. Did you cut and tap or...?

3. bajaviking

Yes, it was cut and a local machine shop did the threads on it.

4. Mr.Jimmy

Mr.Jimmy Registered Member

Nice body work!:rotfl: Question on your clocked 208, did you have to modify youre front cv (grind the ears a bit:grind: ) to keep it from rubbing cuz of too much angle?

5. bajaviking

Thank you for the compliment on the bodywork, I did it all by myself:D I haven't done any change to my front driveshaft except adding a 2.5 inches to the lenght.

6. Irish Wake

Irish Wake Registered Member

I'm planning on testing my junk later on tonight after the kid's go to sleep:laugh:

7. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Thats kinda where my mind went at first also!:laugh: But aside from that ya man it looks like a fun truck!:thumb:

8. bajaviking

Yeah I was refeferring to the truck, I wouldn't dare calling any part on my girlfriend junk, that would put a stop to any kind of testing right away:D

9. Chrisblazzer89

Chrisblazzer89 1/2 ton status

How much did it cost altogether for the x over i wanna do this soon?

10. bajaviking

Sorry I can't tell you exactly how much but it is a junk yard special that my buddy put together for me, he has a 4x4 shop and I had gotton tired of a Heep project which I gave him in return of him doing crossover, repairing my transfer and clocking it, installing my gears and fixing my brakes. I only had about $1000 in the Heep project, my buddy is happy with the Heep and I'm happy I got rid of it and my new mods turned out pretty good so it's all good.

11. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

that looks great!!!and bobed isn't the word for it.with the custom sheet metal it looks like a samy.!!!!!

12. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

I am in the middle of mine. The cost depends on what you do. I decided that I am stopping at a 10 bolt front and threw some $$ at it. I am not going to run anything bigger than 35's or 37's. That will be a year or two before I do that. I think this was about the prices I paid plus or minus a little:

Flat tops $50 - $70 for a set at local yard - I bought them last year - don't remember how much I paid for the set.
    Mill/Drill - $65.00 passenger side
    Pitman arm - $75.00 new (cheap Ford van arm at local yard $10 to $20)
    2wd box - $27.00 ( I swapped the sector shaft - didn't have to worry about which box to buy)
    Bent drag link - $85.00

I also replaced all the ball joints and TRE's since I was going through the front end while it was apart. I also put in a set of Chome moly shafts.

YJ/Cherokee steering shaft - $14.00 and the adapter u joint end since I am not switching boxes ($50.00)

I didn't add it up and don't want to. I can honestly tell my wife "Not that much" if I have no idea how much I really spent.:haha:

EDIT: Talk to Trevor - WFO Concepts or Morris at Parts Mike

Morris did all the machining and ball joints. I bought the bent drag link from WFO just because he had one ready to go. Both great to deal with and I highly recommend either one.