Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

testing...testing....am i blue again? Crap.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by laketex, Apr 5, 2004.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

yep /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

sorry...newbie

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

dammit. and i just spent my "personal money" for the first half of the month on friggin fiestaware for the house. STOOPID MONKEY I AM...maybe I can rejoin in about 10 days. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Dont forget that it is only $3.95/mo if you need a temporary fix. Sign up again /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

Dang, glad I'm not the only one on a "personal budget." I got mine this morning and had it spend five minutes later some parts /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

BIGJ

7. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

What the [darn] is "fiestaware"

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What the [darn] is "fiestaware"

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is some kind of mexican cookware like pots or something /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

9. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

I think this is fiestaware? Fiestaware /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Think that should have been spent out of the wifes personal money though. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

10. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Yeah it did...

Jeff, we have a pretty complete budget worked out. The fiestaware came out of our house budget, my budget, and Michelle's budget. Sometimes spending a little her way goes a long way for me though, if yall know what I mean.
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Actually, the budget is broken out like this, and once it's gone for the month, it's gone:

FIXED:
    SAVINGS ACCT
    TITHE
    ROTH IRA
    DISCOUNT STOCK PLAN
    RENT
    INSURANCE
    CELL PHONES
    GYM
    IPASS

ENVELOPE FUNDS:
    MICHELLE FUEL
    BRYAN FUEL
    GIFTS
    PERSONAL CARE
    MICHELLE
    BRYAN
    BIG TRIPS
    ENTERTAINMENT
    FOOD
    GAS/ELEC
    CABLE
    PHONE
    VEHICLE MAINT
    HOUSE IMPROVEMENTS
    MICHELLE SCHOOL
    SLUSH

....A BIG THANKS TO <font color="red"> POLARIS FROM CK5 </font> and the Dave Ramsey show for helping to set this up! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Thanks for the tip kenny...that's just what I did! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

what parts?

it sucks dont it...you get it and spend it in a day or two, then you get to wait 2 weeks for another one.

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Your budget just represents how many things that I don't have money for at all. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Your priorities are just different right now, that's all. You're a single guy and IIRC living with your folks? Then you've got a lot more play money and a lot less planning money by default. Thats the reason you get to spend the cash on your truck. My truck fund is pretty small right now...personal is $120/mo, and vehicle is $100/month...but neither of those are all truck. Personal includes lunches with the guys, going out for drinks, little stuff I buy here and there, saving for my Kimber Pro, 'gars, ect. Vehicle includes my truck and the wife's car, oil changes, tranny fluid changes, and other maintence issues. So in effect, I have about $80/month to spend on the truck right now. Not much...and pretty much the reason my truck will be pretty much the same at the badlands run as it is now. I'll get the body lift installed since I already have it, and hope to get the bumpers and cage done since I have the materials. But other than that, gassing it up and gettting there will eat the rest of the cash. I can make spare personal money by selling parts or manufacturing stuff, or helping out with a second job, but my first job has been eating 70 hrs/week and i'm just not interested in more work.

So here I sit, stagnant on the k5 scene, looking for a better job so we can live a little better, but until then, dropping all we can in savings so we can get the hell out when the opportunity comes.

Bryan

15. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

We're on the envelope system too. I hate it! I'll be wanting to go out to eat, and check the "out to eat" envelope only to see that it's empty /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

It keeps us on budget tho. And it's been the only way to keep the evil CC's paid off for two years now.

And I just noticed you've got a "SLUSH" envelope... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

BIGJ

16. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

You look quite urunge to me? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    Bill

17. 78k20

78k20 Registered Member

I am SO glad to hear there are a few others on here living "reality" of married life, and bills, etc. For a while now, I've been wondering how in the heck all these guys are able to make so many modifications to their rigs, and where in the world all that money comes from. I work my butt off for roughly 12 hours a day at work, then come home to work as well. Build custom log furniture on the side as time permits to help with a little "extra" income for spending, but man, when one of my beds takes a couple months to build at times, it's few and far between. Anyway, just glad I'm not the only one fighting to make ends meet, with the rig sitting on "hold".

Best of Luck to everyone,

Mike

18. bigyellowjimmy

Nope, you're not the only one, we have too begun a budget for our personal finances. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif its actually working out better than I had hoped though /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

19. 78k20

78k20 Registered Member

Holy Crap! Looks like Marilyn will be put on hold even longer /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I just got off the phone with my boss at work. Last week I was sent to a corporate review for some training I've been doing over the last year, and passed with what they said was "the best they've seen in as long as they can remember". I went back to work that day, and less than an hour after I got there, I had a call from a plant up in the Quincy area in Washington to come up the next morning for an interview. Well, figured it was just a "courtesy" thing, since I had just passed-WRONG!!! Just got off the phone with the plant manager, she offered me a job starting asap with a promotion and a nice salary bump as well. Looks like the wife will have to help me do some house shopping now-boy will she freak, she's been asking every day if I got the job yet, as it is closer to her parents and she loves the Wenatchee area. Man, this is awesome-a promotion, raise, loose the damned Oregon state tax I have to pay now, and will have about half of the drive time! Man, what a day!!!

Sorry for the hijack-just about to burst at this point. As for the initial point of the post here, Looks "orange" to me!

Best of Luck to you all!!!

Mike
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

20. bigyellowjimmy

CONGRATS to you! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif